Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 cbr600rr that is stretched and lowered and I need a new set of sprockets and chain any suggestions on gearing and chain size ? I like to mainly ride/race on the highway so I need gearing that's better for that style of riding. Thank you

·
Registered
537 Posts
You have to decide if you want faster acceleration at the cost of top speed vs. slower accel. but higher top speed.

Most go for the former. Both will screw up your speedo unless you buy a speedo healer.

There's a website called Gearingcommander.com that will give you more than you want to know as to what effect every sprocket combo will have on performance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You have to decide if you want faster acceleration at the cost of top speed vs. slower accel. but higher top speed.

Most go for the former. Both will screw up your speedo unless you buy a speedo healer.

There's a website called Gearingcommander.com that will give you more than you want to know as to what effect every sprocket combo will have on performance.
Awesome thanks man I'll have to look into that everyone I've asked in the local bike scene has given me a half assed answer

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And I want more top speed I'll have to go out and look at what tooth sprocket I'm running now

·
Registered
537 Posts
Stock for your bike is 16 front 43 rear. 112 link chain.

With the stock setup you should be around 134mph at 12k rpm

If you change to 17 front 41 rear (to increase speed you make the front sprocket bigger and the rear smaller) 12k rpm would get you to 149mph, all things being equal

Of course there's no free lunch, the stock setup will get to 134 before the modified one so it ain't worth it for short runs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts