Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i did a search trying to find out what alot of you guys are doing as far as trying to gain better acceleration by changing out the front sproket. I read one members post about taking a ride with a friend and his friends bike said they went like 58 miles but his bike said they went 62 miles, and he had just changed the front sproket.

This might be a dumb question but does changing out your front sproket actually put addition miles on the bike?

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
+1 mine is way off now. I ride 42 miles each way to work and today I put 117 miles on the bike. So counting school which is like 5 miles, thats 94 miles. 117 - 94 = 23 extra miles. The gas mileage also sucks. I am switching my front sprocket back to a 16 tooth and just leaving my +2 on the back. I don't like how high the RPM's are on the freeway with the -1/+2. I also cant afford 4 gallons of gas a day. I might as well drive my car.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Yeah, I think I would have to put gas in to ride to work and then fill up to ride home. I already used all but 2 lines today after I filled up this morning. I ordered the new sprocket from Nick @ ridersinc today. I hope it will fit with my same chain.

·
Registered
726 Posts
If your going to change sprockets throw down on a 520 conversion. Yes, it most definitely screws with the speedo like potate311 stated. Ducati's are the only bike I know of that run speed sensors to the wheels allowing them to run anything and still read accurately.

·
Registered
6,774 Posts
hah my HRC ECU cuts off fuel to the 2 cylinders when you're at cruising speed so you get better gas mileage, as of now i'm getting 100mpg with 15/44 gearing & Ceph has it too, btw the HRC ECU automatically adjust speedo reading whatever sprocket you put in. :rocker:

·
Registered
6,774 Posts
NewRedRider said:
I'm curious to know how the HRC ECU knows what sprockets you have on.
this version has AI (advanced intelligence) in it & it comes with a rear wheel speed sensor which works with the countershaft sensor on the engine, the ECU makes calculations based on the number of rotations the countershaft & rear wheel makes & has a stored data base of sprocket combinations. when the result of the calculations between the countershaft & rearwheel sensor matches the spocket combinations stored in the database it automatically adjusts the speedometer reading.

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
mitchlguzin said:
I can't find this replacement ECU your speaking of. If you have a direct link and post it THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!
Click on "Product" and then "Kit" and scroll through to the 600RR kit and look in the picture. The ECU is sitting on the floor in front. They list it as "Electric Set and some parts". They also show the 2006 ECU.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Can someone explain why they list that kit "2004-2005" ... NOT "2005-2006" ?

I thought the 05 and 06 are identical except for the paint schemes...

Oh, can you buy the ECU as a seperate item?

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Well I found the ECU online for $355, but I don't remember where. I think you need other stuff to go with it. If it does the same job as the PC and the speedohealer, then its worth it, but I cant find anywhere that says what it does.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
i found that it does the speedohealer deal and is fully programmable for not only fuel but for timing.... also said that it requires a racing harness though. but if it does all of that and really is $355 (i heard more like $600) than its DEFINITELY worth it

1 - 20 of 20 Posts