Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a '03 600rr with 5500miles that I recently bought. Two weeks ago or so I noticed a squeaking noise while making slow turns, now it has gotten worse and I notice the sound while at lower speeds going straight also when at a constant speed about 40 or so I can hear and feel a clunk in the front. I also took it up to speed and it is not stable anymore, kinda wobbly. I am thinking it must be the front bearing? I figured I was see if any one could help me here before I started throwing money at it.

There are no modifications to the bike, other than flush mount signals.

D

·
0 Posts
The squeaking would probably just be the clutch cable rubbing the fairings like usual. Is this clunk coming from the wheel or the forks?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The clunk feels like its coming from the end of the forks, where the hub I guess it is it just feels loose, like it is slamming up and down. If that makes any sense. I will take it out slow and try to get a better feel for it again.

D

·
0 Posts
Push and pull on your bars. Do the forks move back and forth and clunk?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No, it is smooth. I rolled it back and got on the brakes also, the forks compressed and it was smooth w/o and clunking.

·
Registered
266 Posts
dont pads rock back and forth..they have an oval shaped hole where a circle bolt goes through them to mount to the caliper..i thought the back and forth movement was normal..well normal when u apply the brakes

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
I'm also experiencing a clunking noise on my front when I hit a bump. It isn't a noise I can pinpoint without riding the bike... as in I can't recreate the sound by hand.

Any ideas?

D

·
0 Posts
I'm also experiencing a clunking noise on my front when I hit a bump. It isn't a noise I can pinpoint without riding the bike... as in I can't recreate the sound by hand.

Any ideas?
Chain slack.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have a squeaking in my front end as well when I turn the handlebars at low speeds.

I pinned it down to a cable that is rubbing against the fairing. I haven't fixed it yet, but I am going to try putting a small amount of grease on it and see what it does

D

·
0 Posts
I have a squeaking in my front end as well when I turn the handlebars at low speeds.

I pinned it down to a cable that is rubbing against the fairing. I haven't fixed it yet, but I am going to try putting a small amount of grease on it and see what it does
Grease will do nothing other then give a place to collect even more dust and dirt.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts