Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not sure what other details I can provide. It's coming from the engine (bike is not moving). I can't pinpoint an exact location. Sounds like a car's squeaky serpentine belt.

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
your bike is fvcked and is about to explode. If you didn't live so far away I would take it off your hands and dispose of it properly

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Not sure what other details I can provide. It's coming from the engine (bike is not moving). I can't pinpoint an exact location. Sounds like a car's squeaky serpentine belt.
How long does it last? Does it squeak while its idling? Does it happen every time? How long does it last?

Dusty suspension can get squeaky, are you sure it's not your rear shock?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm pretty certain it's the motor or an accessory for it, as it doesn't happen when the bike is off and I roll it, bounce on it, etc. I turn the bike on (and I'm not even on it) and it squeaks. I think it goes away once it warms up; I'll listen for it after I'm done riding next time, before I shut it off to double check. It does happen every time, and seems to last until I ride off (which is typically about 80% warmed up).

·
Registered
2,374 Posts

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
My headlight belt squeaked until the fluid warmed up enough, that was annoying.
I had the same problem. Found out it was because I was low on headlight fluid

lol you guys are mean. I'll take some video tonight.
video will definitely help diagnose the problem.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts