Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
07 600RR - was MINT - not no more...
Well i recently tipped over the bike while stationary...stupid me. only dmg i could find was small scratches to the alternator cover.

Anyways, when i am parked, i turn the front right handle bars from 1:00 oclock to about 2:30 oclock in both directions it makes a squeaky noise in the right front.

Makes this sound regardless if the bike is straight up or on the kickstand.

sounds almost like rubber to rubber but i couldn't find any rubber hoses touching.

I don't recall this happening before the tip over...

could this be a fork issue?

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
its most likely some of the tubes or wires by ur VIN number.. check it out

D

·
0 Posts
It's just the sound from the clutch and brake lines rubbing on the fairings.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool i will check it out, i tried looking this morning, but i can't quite pin point the noise. i guess i should check the ground to see if there are any fluids first.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ALL FIXED NOW

In my previous reply, I mentioned that i couldn't pin point the noise. So after work, I thought what the heck, what else could go wrong i mind as well take the fairings off and have a quick look...luckily i didn't break anything this time (first time removing fairings on any bike)

Although taking off the right mid was scary, i did it without any screw ups.

At first i thought it was the main axel that holds the fork, because that is where i "thought" the sound was coming from and i thought f%^k, something must be cracked. Then by chance, i put my hand on the radiator and turned the handle bars and bam, i found the issue. it was the clutch cable rubbing against the radiator. wow was i ever releived.

i guess sometimes the brain hears what it sees rather than really where it is coming from, i really thought the sound was from the main axle nut, but luck would have it was only the clutch cable. a simple adjustment of the free play on the clutch handle solved all my squeaky issues.

Thanks for all your help guys, and some wicked posts on how to remove the mid fairings.

I would be so lost without this site!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts