Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok,

My bike now has 4,000+ miles on it, and from pretty much the beginning it had a squeaky rear brake. Not so bad in the beginning, but now it is becoming really annoying.

Anyone else have this problem? Anyone know why?

Never had this problem on any of my other bikes in the past. I'm thinking of taking it into the dealer to have them check it for warranty repair, but somehow doubt brakes would be covered.

ben

·
Registered
379 Posts
To be honest with you i am not sure there is much you can do with it. The reason the breaks squeek a little when stopping is because they hav e metallic brake pads, same as cars. Now if it isn't just squeeking during stopping then you have some problems, you can do things to get it to not sound so bad if that is whats bothering you but it will never go away fully. My dad runs a body shop and i used to complain about it on my car and my buddies all the time, but after time it just got lesser and lesser. Good luck, let me knwo if anythign happens :D

·
Registered
573 Posts
The only time I notice that I have a squeek is when the motor is off and I am pushing the bike, then I can hear something coming from the rear, but it is nothing that worries me to much...just something I've learned to live with.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not really talking about a rubbing noise. I'm talking about the typical squeal or screech you hear when you apply the brake. I pretty much only use the rear brake for very slow speed situations.

I notice it is louder when I apply less pressure.

I figured it had something to do with the pad material, but just wanted to know if others were experiencing it. I think the shop I got the bike from may be willing to fix this if it is a fixable problem.

ben

·
Registered
201 Posts
armourbl, I've got the same thing. If I put just a little bit of pressure on the rear brake while manuevering in a parking lot, I get a squeal. If I increase the pressure, it goes away. Unfortunately, the only time I really use the rear brake is when I'm lightly pressing it in parking lots.

I'm gonna clean the rotor and pads with some brakleen and see if that helps. Let me know if you do anything to get rid of the noise.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts