Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well yeah...ive been here before and i have seen that you guys have called many people or used the word squid alot.......

so what does Squid actually mean?

is it a poser....and wannabe stunter......>???

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
The Great Street Squid

Taxonomy:
Via Architeuthis (The Great Street Squid)

Habitats:
Local bike shops, street corners, backroads (With no curves)

Coloring:
Bright, loud, obnoxious. Commonly the male of the species has multiple anodized bike parts that match the coloration of the rest of the bike. Colors may vary, but are generally offensive to the eye.

Locomotion:
Most often seen on a large bore bike with tires in poor condition. (In the center, the sides are most often unused.) Can be seen quickly accelerating in a straight line. This species seems to have great trouble with negotiating turns. Current theory seems to lean towards the possibility that the cognitive time/space abilities are not fully developed. Either that or a lack-o-skill. Tests are being done to fully explore the divergent theories.

Growth & Reproduction:
The growth of the male of the species seems to be arrested around the 12th year of life. This can be seen quite clearly when observing the critter in it's favorite habitat....a motorcycle speed shop. The obvious posturing and crowing are for the purposes of determining relative ranking within the pack. (Silimar to a wolf pack...only wolves don't squeak.)

Reproduction:
let's hope not.

Adaptations:
Customized flashy paintjobs on the vehicle of choice and helmet.
Race takeoff tires
The standard 'No Fear' decals to make said vehicle go faster. (Good for 10+mph)
No leather gear whatsoever
T-shirt & Shorts
Flip-Flops
Short lifespan

Feeding:
Fast food
High Octane gas

·
Please Excuse me, I've been drinking again.
4,452 Posts
A poser...some one who rides outside of his/her limits when conditions do not permit...some one who wears no gear while riding, some one who rides to look cool/be cool...most of it comes from people who ride outside of their limits when riding conditions are not there...like when people hit the Dragon in shorts and a t-shirt...or those dip-shits that ride around all over wearing a matching leather jacket and gloves sporting a bandanna for a lid...or a backwards hat with shades shooting in and out of cars, popping wheelies in the middle of traffic, etc...just stupid riders

·
Registered
349 Posts
ok. so, if i ride my back to and from class(2 miles each way) in shorts and a t-shirt, that makes me a squid? or just someone who rides like an ******* with shorts and t-shirt? also, cruising the beach strip in FL i sometimes don't wear my helmet, but doing 15-25 mph in a strait line.....squid material? when i go to RIDE, like through some curves and some higher speed riding, i wear my leather and helmet at all times.....tell me, am i a squid? :mrgreen:

·
Please Excuse me, I've been drinking again.
4,452 Posts
It depends...I've ridden short distances without a helmet...but I really don't like to anymore...altho 15-25 mph feels slow...it's really fast when you hit the ground...and you can wreck riding in a straight line too. I'm not preaching...you just gotta remember to suck it up if you get run off the road or hit only going those speeds not wearing any gear...ya know? My first wreck I was wearing a sweat shirt and chords (helmet and gloves of course) and I came out of a turn I've taken almost every day since I started riding and fell...I pulled it just a little too hard on cold tires and the ground was cold and I whipped the bike around and went down pretty hard on my left side and let me tell you...road rash is no fun at all...I was only going like...25? My rash wasn't even bad and it was still a pain in the ass.

I still will ride around town in jeans and a t-shirt with a helmet and gloves on...but it's just because I'm stupid ;-) and I'm a hypocrite...and because my leather jacket is just suuuch a pain in the ass to get on/off without wearing under armor underneath

·
Registered
349 Posts
exactly, but, like i said, i ride like that back and forth to class(with a helmet on). i know there is still the possibility of a wreck, but i don't wanna put on boots and a jacket and have to be uncomfortable in class....not fun, not to mention its hot as balls. i try to wear jeans most of the time though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts