Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a couple weeks ago i was talking to a friend about him getting a motorcycle. His first question was "Man, how fast can ur bike go?" I proceed to tell him that i dont really worry about top speed and im not sure wat it is. He then asks, "will it go 200 mph?" I told him heck no and he asked y the heck he would want one if it cant go 200 mph.

Well, some friends told me he got a bike. Judging by hes "squidish" questions earlier i asked if he got a gsx-r and nobody knew. When he got there i asked him wat he got, and sure enough it was a 2007 gsx-r 600. I couldnt help but to kinda chuckle about the prediction. Jus to add to the story, he later told me how bad it hurt when his flip-flops hit the bottom of his feet while he was driving 120 mph down the road.

I tried to talk to him about it and stress the gear but he wasnt havin it. Anyway, thought it was kinda amusing, jus prayin that he don't do anything stupid and get hurt.

·
Registered
543 Posts
who cares dude i mean all you can worry about is yourself and if he wont listen then why bother...i mean the only one whos gonna get hurt is him. there will never been an end to squidism. if they dont know better and listen thats great but if their just ignorant than who cares

·
Registered
349 Posts
I am guessing your not really close friends? I am a firm believe in stressing the importance of tips, gear, ect to anyone that I care about. For the longest time my father road his harley without a helmet, I convinced him to start wearing a full face with jacket and gloves. Just have to let people know you care.

Be a friend and try to enlighten your buddy. Teach him a thing or two, then if he ever does go down he will thank you, because having road rash scrubbed is NOT FUN. Imagine taking soap and sand paper to a open wound, NOT FUN.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Sounds like your mate is a rocket scientist, hope he does manage to take out the darwin awards for 2008 since he is obviously going to alot of effort:bootyshak

I think its funny he wants to do 200mph when hardly any factory bikes can pull that.... and he still got a 600:icon_lol::tard:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am guessing your not really close friends? I am a firm believe in stressing the importance of tips, gear, ect to anyone that I care about. For the longest time my father road his harley without a helmet, I convinced him to start wearing a full face with jacket and gloves. Just have to let people know you care.

Be a friend and try to enlighten your buddy. Teach him a thing or two, then if he ever does go down he will thank you, because having road rash scrubbed is NOT FUN. Imagine taking soap and sand paper to a open wound, NOT FUN.
I talked to him about it for about 15 min and after everything i said he jus told me if its his time its his time. Just stubborn.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
dayum, make sure he doesnt endanger any1 else on the road when he is riding

·
Registered
266 Posts
natural selection...thats my favorite line...how about this...bet ur friend and if he loses then he wears gear...the catch is he has to run as fast as he can then to a slip-n-slide type belly flop and with the same type of clothes he rides in...if he gets up and says it doesnt hurt then u will no longer ask him to wear gear...but if it hurts then he has to wear gear (then as xxumattuxx said "tell him hes a poosy")...either way u win...lol...11mph rash hurts pretty bad...well from what i can imagine...assuming he can run that fast...unless he is michael johnson he shouldnt be able to run much faster...oh and make sure u tape it..u know..for proof of the bet thats all...check back with a link to the video if u dont mind

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
you can only do so much when it comes to this type of thing, u can tell him about how dangerous it is with flip flops, but its up to him to take the advice or not. if he doesnt, he will have to learn the hard way, if he will even get a chance to learn his lesson...

i pretty much gave up on convincing people that they need to wear gear. i tell them once, maybe a few more times, tell them a few facts and experiences, and leave the rest of it up to them.. most the time its either money or the "cool" factor..

i just dont get people these days...

/rant

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
natural selection...thats my favorite line...how about this...bet ur friend and if he loses then he wears gear...the catch is he has to run as fast as he can then to a slip-n-slide type belly flop and with the same type of clothes he rides in...if he gets up and says it doesnt hurt then u will no longer ask him to wear gear...but if it hurts then he has to wear gear (then as xxumattuxx said "tell him hes a poosy")...either way u win...lol...11mph rash hurts pretty bad...well from what i can imagine...assuming he can run that fast...unless he is michael johnson he shouldnt be able to run much faster...oh and make sure u tape it..u know..for proof of the bet thats all...check back with a link to the video if u dont mind
hahaha i really like that idea!

·
Registered
266 Posts
the catch 22 is if they are man enough to ride with no gear and get rash at who knows what speed then they should be man enough to take rash at 11mph...if they cant do it...well...nuff said

1 - 20 of 25 Posts