Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother and I were at Cannery row when they closed it off to just bikes (must have been well over 1000 bikes and a couple thousand people there) and a few people reved their bikes but it was kinda half assed. So, when we left, I felt the atmosphere called for it and I reved it pretty good in a few spots. My brother said, "dude, that is so squid." (chatterbox) I really dont think so... In fact, I think if we had stayed about an hour later or so, it would likely have gone off with bikes reving all over.

So, what do you think? Squidish or not?

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
squid, but then again I used to hit the rev limiter here and there

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
gimme a break, I think that we are getting borderline rediculous on the qualifications of a squid.

It's a sportbike, I personally love to hear the engine

1st vote... non squid!

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
ME2 said:
gimme a break, I think that we are getting borderline rediculous on the qualifications of a squid.

It's a sportbike, I personally love to hear the engine

1st vote... non squid!
i agree when your working on it or showing your friends, but when riding around just to get ppls attention. I hear it all the time as a bike passes in the opp direction and it does make me laugh. Makes me feel like I am watching biker boys bc thats all they do in that movie

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
i agree with you on that,
but in this case, the guys surrounded by only bikers, and thousands of them at that. Gotta show some pride in your machine, and leave them wondering what kinda exhaust that sweet arse 600rr is running!

haha, now i'm going to be dubbed a squid...
I still say, only way you're a true squid is no gear riding wheelies and endos

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
yea, we are all squids when compared to professional riders, who cares, I am a proud squid or a proud bike owner or a this or that. I just love 2 wheels, havnt test drove a scooter yet tho

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
oooh, I have test drove a scooter...

Got some great curb jumps with that thing too! Only the old school scooters though, none of that new fancy crap.

·
Registered
628 Posts
farbio615 said:
i agree when your working on it or showing your friends, but when riding around just to get ppls attention. I hear it all the time as a bike passes in the opp direction and it does make me laugh. Makes me feel like I am watching biker boys bc thats all they do in that movie
HaHa Blacknights.........Roll out

H

·
0 Posts
ME2 said:
oooh, I have test drove a scooter...

Got some great curb jumps with that thing too! Only the old school scooters though, none of that new fancy crap.
i crashed a scooter....

i was practicing before my road test and i drove the thing straight into the woods... not too sure how it happened.. i just remember dragging the thing back out and there being some branches and such sticking off it...

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
If you have to ask wether or not you were being a squid, chances are..... lol

F it, you were having fun and with all that was going on there this weekend nobody will remember that anyway.

Like Joe said that was probably toward the bottom of the list of the squid like activities that went on around there, no worries, just don't make it a habit.

·
Registered
912 Posts
i vote not squid. i love the sound of my engine and exhaust. I'll admit, sometimes when im rolling down the busy strip in the summer, i'll clutch and rev. for the most part tho, im only tryin to set off car alarms. Now that may be squid

·
0 Posts
well if you had your colors hangin out ur pocket and dumped the clutch, +1 squid. but reving the engine not in my book, +1 not squid.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I personally think everyone is taking this squid thing a little bit to far. Yea it feels like the whole biker boys thing but... biker groups have been around for a long time and its kinda of something everyone does just like a mustang club or something. Yea there are people that act a bit over the top, but I think if a group of friends go out and have matching hats or something, Fine, theres nothing wrong with that. Now reving your motor at every stop light, or doing mile long stand ups w/ a t-shirt on is a friggin "Squid". If you ask me, "squid" stands for "[email protected]@ on a bike" and thats about it. If everyone acted like they went to the track on the weekends, people would call them posers.. Hell by now every person in this forum is in some way at one time a squid, well going by the current definition of a squid which you could write a fine print book on by now. Thats just my 2cents, but ohnestly I'm sick of hearing squid this, squid that. Who gives a F, just go out and ride.

Oh, I forgot +NOT squid

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
woohoo...
I started a nonsquid voting revolution!

haha, homerjay... how in the heck do you crash a scooter,
I've seen little itty bitty tiny kids drive those things!!

1 - 20 of 64 Posts