Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Im riding on my way to work today and come to a stop light and notice there is another bike 1 car back, cool. Well the light turns and I make my way on to the 4 lane highway and goose er a lil bit.

Waiting at the next stop light and the kid pulls up next to me and starts asking bout the bike. Did i do the exhaust myself etc. etc. I said ya, but I think he thought that I modded the bike to put on an undertail exhaust but what ever.

So Im just waiting for the light to change so I can get on to the interstate and get on my way and the kid starts revving up his SV, which had some sort of super trap exhaust on it (fugly), like he wants to race. Its only about 500 ft from the light to the on ramp so I thought to myself what the hell, I'll humor him a little. Light turns green and we're off, of course he falls back quickly and I just click into second and sette in behind a truck.

I get onto the interstate and am just cruising at a moderate pace just following the truck cause my exit is about 1/4 down. Well this idiot guns it at the last second passing me and the truck then darting in front of the truck to make the exit. Saw the truck driver shaking his head as this happened.

Wanna take a guess what the kid had on for protective gear?
Jacket, no, just a short sleeved t shirt
Pants, no, Khaki shorts
Boots of any sort, no, tennis shoes without socks
Helmet, no, just some sunglasses.
But he did how ever manage to remember to put earplugs in cause he must be worried about his hearing because that super trap was just so loud lol.(sarcasm)
Thats the end of my lil rant. I just thought it was wierd for the guy to protect his ears and nothing else, because when he crashes without a helmet he'll be sorry he wasnt protecting something else.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CALIDUDE said:
So did you see him again at the exit?
Ya he was in the left hand turn lane at the next light and I was going straight through so I didnt talk to him again. I should have asked why he didnt just wear a helmet cause that would muffle the sound to. But some people learn the hard way.

·
Registered
263 Posts
well, he wants to be able to hear the coroner pronounce him dead when he gets in an accident and hopefully hes an organ donor.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Go figure. More and more I see people riding without gear. I guess there's only one way they're going to learn, and unfortunately, it's gonna be painful.:tard:

·
Registered
209 Posts
funniest thing I saw on my cross country road trip was a black doude riding a 1000RR in chicago with a sweatshirt and ski goggles, no helmet ;)

·
Registered
635 Posts
Yeah stupid people are everywhere... by me, theres 3 guys that smashed thier RR's up last year, wearing only a helmet (all 3 lived) and they rebuilt thier bikes, and still wear only helmets

1 - 9 of 9 Posts