Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, i cannot help myself. i have to post this or it will drive me nuts. leaving work yesterday evening, i was in line (right at the line) at a light. there is a line of cars behind me, probably about 12-18 cars. when all of a sudden this SQUID revs up next to me after weaving between the cars (only way i can think he made it up there). now its hot out and I have on my jacket, gloves, and boots. hes wearing gym shorts, unlaced high tops, and a t shirt. He revs his bike to i guess say "hi, im a squidly douche on a bike". to make matters worse. when the light changed and he revved off like it was a race. i noticed that he had a huge bald strip straight down the center of his tire. showing all sorts of belting. he then processed to look back over and over again at me, like I am going to race or something. thank goodness he turned shortly up the road.

now my question to ask on this little story is. Why do most SQUIDS ride Gixxers? is it a specific badge of squidliness, or a requirement of some sort? Not to say all Gixxer riders are SQUIDS, but at least 90%.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It gives a bad name to the bike. Not all Gixxer riders, say a 1% are legit. I got to ride some nice back road curves with what I call the grey haired guys. 2 had Gixxers, and they were freaking amazing. Left my ass "all back of the bus" like. They had no attitudes are were great teachers and waited for the slow pack to catch up, so not to lose us.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Around where I live I see a lot of gsxr's with guys riding in full gear and I have ridden in shorts and a t-shirt before, going down the road 2 miles maybe once or twice in 4 years but i'm sure someone saw me and posted a thread about how they saw this squid in shorts, when I where full gear 99.99% of the time.

I do stereotype gsxr riders as being douche bags though. My guess is Suzuki makes Bussa's so people with squid personality's think Suzuki's are the fastest thing ever in all classes and want one so they can be a hard ass. :retard:

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
I saw one on a Suzuki cruiser a couple days ago. No shirt, shorts, flip-flops. I tried to take a pic, but he turned before I could snap one.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
I think it has to do the the name recognition of the GSXR, or "gixxer". A co-worker of mine (squid, no $ for gear, lol) just got a "gixxer six" as he put it. He asked what I rode, I started to say Honda CBR600RR, but after the 600 part he's pretty much tuned out already. Basically, people that are getting into bikes, usually, have heard the term gixxer, and they relate it to sportbikes, so when they go shopping it's what they look for.

Oh ya, and they are the most flashy bikes you can get out the door (in my opinion). They don't have the beautiful body lines like a Honda, but usually have some crazy graphics and fancy gauges.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Around where I live I see a lot of gsxr's with guys riding in full gear and I have ridden in shorts and a t-shirt before, going down the road 2 miles maybe once or twice in 4 years
I have to say that i have only ridden in a t-shirt, but never shorts.90% i make my gear on, unless its less than say really short ride to the store. its sad that those douches think in those terms. i guess :+1: to brains.....

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
funny thing is everytime i am out on my bike and i stop at a gas station or some place a girl or guy will come up and say i want a bike so bad then i would ask what kind do you want and they always say a gixxer(You can tell they have never owned a bike before). So it seems that the gixxer is to the sportbike world as windex is to glass cleaners.....

·
Registered
86 Posts
So true...

funny thing is everytime i am out on my bike and i stop at a gas station or some place a girl or guy will come up and say i want a bike so bad then i would ask what kind do you want and they always say a gixxer(You can tell they have never owned a bike before). So it seems that the gixxer is to the sportbike world as windex is to glass cleaners.....

I talked to this chick once during a bike show...she said she is looking to buy a bike. I asked her what kind of bike is she looking for, she said she is looking to buy a gsxr 600.:crackup:NICE!

·
Registered
115 Posts
he then processed to look back over and over again at me, like I am going to race or something.
Not to tread jack but, when I started riding (9 months ago), when I'm behind another bike the rider in front would turn around and look at me (while lane splitting!!!)... He's literally looking at his 6 o'clock... How the hell do they do that?? The furthest I could look is my 9 and 3 o'clock, anything more than that I feel like I woulda crush into something... If they wanna check if I'm following them, why not just look at the mirror? Things like that scares me...

Also when changing lane, I see most rider they at least look at their 4 and 5 o'clock, is that good practice? Like I said, I think I could only look at my 3 and 9 o'clock, I feel like I would crush if I look any further... :retard:

·
Registered
633 Posts
I think it has to do the the name recognition of the GSXR, or "gixxer". A co-worker of mine (squid, no $ for gear, lol) just got a "gixxer six" as he put it. He asked what I rode, I started to say Honda CBR600RR, but after the 600 part he's pretty much tuned out already. Basically, people that are getting into bikes, usually, have heard the term gixxer, and they relate it to sportbikes, so when they go shopping it's what they look for.

Oh ya, and they are the most flashy bikes you can get out the door (in my opinion). They don't have the beautiful body lines like a Honda, but usually have some crazy graphics and fancy gauges.
To be honest the newer cbrs like the graffiti and the Phoenix are pretty flashy if you ask me. Where I'm at all I see are gixxers and r6. ..Ive only seen one Guy riding a cbr

·
0 Posts
Gosh - but you're supposed to marvel at how COOL he looks and sounds!! :crackup::crackup:

·
Registered
368 Posts
I saw 2 gixxer guys riding together both in full gear not being idiots. They did however blow through the tunnel....but who doesn't?! lol

·
Registered
426 Posts
take one good look at craigs list buddy. a "gixxer" over 5 or 6 gs is unheard of and they're all over as opposed to our babies and the R6. but yeah i've seen it go both ways, suited up gixxers and squid gixxers.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yesterday

Dallas, TX

Stretch of I-20 during rush hour

It is 95 degrees outside and I am in full gear. Not my one-piece [can't afford her yet!], but full gear - gloves, jackets, helmet, pants, boots. This guy has a helmet on. Period.

Sir Squidly takes off on the right shoulder doing 90+ in a lull where most vehicles [myself included] were pushing 30 MPH. Max.

What was he riding? A GSX-R.

·
Registered
135 Posts
So it seems that the gixxer is to the sportbike world as windex is to glass cleaners.....
Go ahead and groan, but I'm gonna disagree and say that the ninja has that one covered.

My typical motorbike convo:

Me: I have a bike! it's badass.
Them: Oh cool! what kind?

Me: A honda cbr600rr
them: ... :dontknow:

Me: it's a sportbike...
them: .... :ponder:

Me: like a ninja...
Them: OH COOL WOW YEAH! I LOVE NINJAS!

bah.
At least we know what's up :eek:hyeah:

1 - 20 of 76 Posts