Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok heres what happens, i start the bike and put it in gear it jumps forward and dies!! Same thing in 2nd gear. what could cause this? any help would be apreciated. thanks

·
She thinks my tractor's sexy, it really turns her
5,253 Posts
Just out of curiosity, are you just letting go of the clutch when you try and take off?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
kickstand is up, the clutch cable is fine. we ajusted it but no luck. no we dont just let go of the clutch.

·
0 Posts
I would say theres a problem with the muffler barring, might get that checked. I had the same problem!!! warranty should cover it pm me for details.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
5150in702 said:
I would say theres a problem with the muffler barring, might get that checked. I had the same problem!!! warranty should cover it pm me for details.
The guy sounds like it's a real problem. if it turns out to be stupid then u can rip on him. Until then try to help or don't say anything.

·
Registered
165 Posts
i agree with mabbottusmc.....plus, if you're gonna insult someone, learn to spell. makes you a lot more credible.

m.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah we have enuff space to slip a nickel threw it. also do you think the clutch is sticking. it jumps hard. when u pick the back wheel up and put it in gear its fine. i know with the r1 the clutch sometimes sticks when it sits for a while. also this is for my friends 600rr, i have a r1

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
already tried pushing it. but no luck. he was in the military so it was sitting at his house for a while. mabe we need to change the oil in the clutch.

·
Registered
767 Posts
when my buddy tried to adjust my cable...he screwed up big and couldnt put it back.
(this was after he TRIED to do a burnout.)....
i rode a slipping clutch 50 miles home...

i stalled every rollout
after seeing what was inside.... i shelled out 300 smackeroonies for the clutch job.
hate to bring this to light but....
if it aint the oil....get your clutch diagnosed.....and if they gotta replace it...
ask for the old plates back.
goodluck mang

H

·
0 Posts
you should def have the oil changed..

put the bike on the rear stand... then put it into gear with the clutch in.. see if the wheel starts to turn... that will help you narrow down the problem...

·
Registered
362 Posts
did you fix the problem? i'll tell you what it is. i had my bike apart for the track. when putting it back together i put the kickstand on. once it was completely together i started her right up. put it in gear, small jerk and stall. put the rear stand on and took a look. make sure the stand is on correctly. the dial that has the pin that fits in the hole needs to be in the hole. otherwise the stand will work as normal but the bike will think it's down. i'm writing this quickly at work but can explain further. just make sure it's per the manual and it will work. my money is on this solution!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts