Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got a used '03. Took it out for a spin today for the first time over 10 minutes. The engine stalled several times when coming to a stop after pulling in the clutch to throw it into neutral. Seemed to happen only when the engine was hotter than 200, on several occasions I watched the tact fall below idle then jump back up, during the stalling episodes I assume it just never recovered when it "fell too far". Any ideas? Haven't really experimented with it a whole lot to try and get a better idea of when it does and does not happen. It's got a PC that I haven't touched yet, could that be it? Thanks.

·
Overpaid South Pacific Barista overactive ADHD c
27,367 Posts
wot is you idle set at.?

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
had same prob w an F4i, i got my money on the fuel pressure regulator (try swapin it out w a good one. theres so many different things that could cause this, let us know after u've tried a few things ...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
gee said:
wot is you idle set at.?
well, i don't have a long history with this bike, but it seems to idle low, around 1000, maybe even less fully warmed. i checked the specs online and they say idle rev should be 1300, i'm also in the dark with fuel injection...no idea on how to adjust it.

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
petesunden said:
well, i don't have a long history with this bike, but it seems to idle low, around 1000, maybe even less fully warmed. i checked the specs online and they say idle rev should be 1300, i'm also in the dark with fuel injection...no idea on how to adjust it.
There's a small black knob on the left side of the bike. Be VERY careful not to screw it in or out too far.

But I agree. Verify the PC.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts