Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey

I have a lighting performance rear stand, works great, may not be the best but works awesome.

I had the matching frotn stand which used the fork holes. I did not like it, I was not comfortable using it. Was hard to use, and I was nervous using it.

What is a good front stand that will make lifting the front easy as pie, safe and reliable? and not feel like I need someone there just to be safe.

I was looking at this one.
http://www.discountramps.com/motorcycle-front-wheel-stand.htm

What ever everyone is using the most is the one I think I will get.

Thanks
George

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Pitbull <-- the only way to go
not really the only way to go... I don't have a pitbull stand and I don't doubt that its a good stand, but there are other stands out there. Ordered my stand from a local cycle shop, 49 bucks CAN. Does what its supposed to do. Bike is very stable when its on the stands. A front pitbull stand would have cost me 175 bucks CAN.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
normal_deviation, do you have a front stand? If so what one are you using?
The stand I ordered was from the parts canada website, it has the 2 rubber coated pins that support the bottom of the forks. Really happy with the stand and the price. The stand in your link is similar to the one I have. Same style anyways. I first bought a set of stands where the front used fork holes as well. I too was not comfortable with that setup so thats why I bought a diff front stand. Rear stand is just a standard spool stand that works well.

·
Debt Management Counselor
1,564 Posts
not really the only way to go... I don't have a pitbull stand and I don't doubt that its a good stand, but there are other stands out there. Ordered my stand from a local cycle shop, 49 bucks CAN. Does what its supposed to do. Bike is very stable when its on the stands. A front pitbull stand would have cost me 175 bucks CAN.
wait until your bike falls off that $49 stand. the bill to fix it will FAR outweigh what a pit-bull new front would have cost.

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
Or you can built your own for under that $49 like i did :icon_lol:

It's just as solid as any pitbull stand out there and will last forever. And it leaves more money for other mods as well.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
wait until your bike falls off that $49 stand. the bill to fix it will FAR outweigh what a pit-bull new front would have cost.
so its been 2 years..........Im still waiting................. its not a 2000 lb bike guys. And my stand is not made out of toothpicks. Not sure where these stories of bikes falling off stands come from. Makes me think its more of a problem with the people using them than the actual stand. Most guys won't admit that their bike "fell" off the stands because they used it on a sloped driveway, or perhaps twisted the forks while the wheel was off and it fell. Its easier to just blame the stand I guess.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Totally agree, ^^^^^I do not need to have a "pitbull stand" in order to have a good, reliable stand. Some people do not have the money to spend on a "pitbull stand" Chances are, that any "tip over" problems are going to be due to operator error.

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
woodcraft stand anyone?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts