Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a Puig windscreen on Monday, got it on Thursday. I put it on, and it looked fine until I tightened up the screws, and the base (near the third light) bowed up 1/4 inch, enough that air can pass through it.

I call Star Cycle and they referred me to the distributor. The distributor says they will send me a new one and when I get it, send back the defective one. Then I get a call this morning and they want my credit card number, because if they think there is nothing wrong with the part they are going to charge me for another one.

What if some douchbag looks at it and says, "looks fine to me" without actually putting it on a bike to see? Then I'm out another $80? F*ck no!!

So, I call Star Cycle back and they say to send it to them with a detailed description of the problem and they will see about sending me another one. But I have to pay to ship it back.

On top of it all, the guys who have pics of their Puig screens fit perfect, and have the 600RR logo on them, mine doesn't. All mine has is a cheesy Puig sticker on it. Any ideas? Don't use Star Cycle!! :evil:

·
Registered
83 Posts
:headscratch: Dude..first of all...have you tried to loosen several near the running light and tighten each one equally?

I don't know what to tell you...seems a little picky without seeing a picture! I have always bought zero g and always get a great product!

As for customer service....call the BBB!!!!

·
Registered
931 Posts
wow thats ********!! i would b so pissd. i say call the better buisness bureo and talk to them. maybe. not sure but thats not right at all. did you tell puig what the problem was? cause im sure they will NOT put it on a bike to see the problem. good luck man

·
Registered
595 Posts
I have heard about some screens that left a gap in the front before, not sure which ones they were, but i wouldn't want to send it back and have someone eyeball it and tell me that there is nothing wrong with it.

I have purchased boots, gloves, and a jacket from starcycle in the past and haven't had any problems. Most places do make you pay shipping if you ever have a fitament problem, but not if it is a mistake on their part or a defective item. i don't have things shipped from them, they are right down the street from my house so i just drive over a get anything that i need.

I would go to a local shop and compare your screen with the ones that they sell for the rr...take photos of the comaprison and send them to whoever says that it looks fine.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
600RRluvr said:
:headscratch: Dude..first of all...have you tried to loosen several near the running light and tighten each one equally?

I don't know what to tell you...seems a little picky without seeing a picture! I have always bought zero g and always get a great product!

As for customer service....call the BBB!!!!
I should've taken pictures, and would have but initially they said it was no problem and would ship a replacement right away. So I took it off and boxed it up, thinking all was well.

I may put it back on and send them photos. I'll post them if I do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts