Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Deeze
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to start my bike for the first time since early November last night. I didn't touch the thing all winter, no battery tender or anything.

She started right up, no cranking at all. I was worried that I may have ruined my battery leaving it in all winter. Especailly up here in Wisconsin.

It was nice to hear her purr again.

·
Registered
345 Posts
No, it is better to leave it alone all winter... If you start it and don't ride it, that only caused condensation in the engine. I wanted to ride sooooo bad, but where my bike is parked it is being held hostage by the mud.. :( We only have gravel paths by our house and it is in our shed, so no starting/riding for me... :cry:

·
Registered
726 Posts
Rock on man! Mine fired right up too, only I put some stabil in a full tank of gas and put the battery on a tender. I didn't touch it all winter and boom she fired 1st try :bounce: .

·
Deeze
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
TRBO2NR said:
No, it is better to leave it alone all winter... If you start it and don't ride it, that only caused condensation in the engine. I wanted to ride sooooo bad, but where my bike is parked it is being held hostage by the mud.. :( We only have gravel paths by our house and it is in our shed, so no starting/riding for me... :cry:
that's what I was thinking. I'm sure nothing is fouled it idled completly smooth. I did have stabil in the tank, but that's all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts