Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i laid my bike over last night...yea it sucked..but just a little cosmetic damage..hit the starter button and it just clicks..everything cuts on injectors, lights, etc. but wont start ...any advice is appreciated..

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
steve2z said:
Check voltage on battery- then check connector for the kickstand and BAS- also, check fuse for starter.
Yeah.....what he said. Sounds like you are not getting enough juice. Also check the battery connections......one may have been knocked loose.

·
Hooked on Phonics
2,826 Posts
steve2z said:
Check voltage on battery- then check connector for the kickstand and BAS- also, check fuse for starter edit- infact, check the fuse first.
i second this

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i checked the fuses on the solenoid and the battery terminals..bas is ok because the fuel pump turns on..the clicking noise is coming from under the seat at the battery..i think it may be the solenoid but how could laying it over fry that?? im at a loss here.

·
Premium Member
51,156 Posts
charge your battery bro and it will fire up

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
The "clicking" is the starter relay under the seat. Check your battery voltage with a multimeter. You need 13.0-13.5v. Anything under 13.0v and the battery should be charged.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok i havent had time to take the battery off and charge it back up but im going to tonight..if that doesnt work then im gonna try to test the relay switch..thanks for the posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
same thing minus the drop happened with me charging it didnt even help.....had to buy a new one and vrooooooom

if you take it to autozone all they can tell you is how much voltage ours put out. at the time mine read 12.4 which isnt enough apparently its suppose to be 13.(something)

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well i work at a honda dealership..just gonna take it to the service dept. and test and charge myself...i just cant afford their 65.00/hr labor rate. even working here i get no discount on labor..just parts.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well its been about 3 weeks and i finally had time to try a few things..all i had to do was charge the battery..i dont understand how laying it over would do this but oh well easy cheap fix...thanks for the input everybody.now i just gotta find a cheap rh fairing...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.