Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have an 06CBR600rr I bought in pieces and the previous owner couldn’t get it going. The problems are. When you press the start button, it shuts down the tachometer, then it’ll reset. It’s acting as if the engine is seized. I pulled the clutch cover off and rotated it clockwise, also took the idler gear off and the starter jumps. It moves very easy and you can compression noise. I have replaced the brushes in the starter, stator and R/R and kill switch since it had broken wires. all fuses are okay.. at this point I’m pretty much stumped.. Not sure if the starter is just really weak, or ECU. Any feedback would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey, welcome!
From what you describe, that's just the same symptoms as a really bad battery... Does the starter motor seem to start to rotate? Or does the bike just go tec tec tec and then reset the tacho?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey, welcome!
From what you describe, that's just the same symptoms as a really bad battery... Does the starter motor seem to start to rotate? Or does the bike just go tec tec tec and then reset the tacho?
Battery is brand new. Ordered a new starter and it should be in on Monday. I found in the manual that it says faulty starter with the exact problems as I’m having

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
New starter on, and does the same thing. Even tried jumping the starter to my truck battery, won’t turn over... pretty stumped on this

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,893 Posts
when you put the clutch cover on did you get the starter idler gear seated correctly in the case? did you correctly install the flat washer and wavey washer?

you've obviously got something bound up completely if you can turn the engine by hand but the starter can't.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I put the clutch cover on, everything snapped into place and the wave washer and flat washer was on the idler gear. It all went back together smooth..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Update: I rotated the crank clockwise about 3 full turns, hit the starter button while it’s jumped off my truck, and it cranks but very slow crank like a dead battery crank. I tried this cranking by hand and pressed the starter button, it cranks but not enough to start it.. starter, starter relay, stator, R/R, plugs all new.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts