Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been sitting in my basement room with a battery tender hocked up and fuel stabolizer added. Besides changing the oil before running it Is there anything i have to check before starting it up?

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
If you've stored the bike correctly by changing the oil BEFORE you put it away, no need to change it in the spring.

Check all fluid levels, check tire pressure, remove battery tender, pull it off the stands and start it; you are ready for spring.

Mike

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
How long has it been sitting? You might consider pulling the spark plugs and squirting a tiny bit of oil into each cylinder, then turning the motor over a few times by hand, without starting it, just to lube the cylinder walls before starting it. If the bike is up on stands, pull the clutch in, spin the rear wheel forward a few times, put it in first gear, spin the rear wheel forward a dozen times or so to circulate the oil inside the motor, then shift back into neutral and let the clutch out. Check tire pressure and coolant levels. Everything else should be good to go if it's only been stored for one season.

·
Registered
14 Posts
mine sat in a garage at outdoor temperature for almost 4 months. I took the battery out and left it in my house with no trickle charge. Put the battery back in a few days ago and she started right up. I then changed the oil and checked tire pressure. Had to add a few lbs of air. Then just took it easy around town (between 20-40 mph) just to make sure everything was good.

·
Registered
14,367 Posts
I have to wonder which member CeeBeeRR actually is. There is no way he's a real person, no one is that incapable.

·
Registered
874 Posts
changing the oil after is unnecessary if you already did it before storing. If you didn't change it then it should still be fine for a little while, but change it as soon as you can.

P.S I hate you for being able to ride your bike... still winter here in MA.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts