Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I just bought a 2008 600RR a month ago, this is my first bike so I'm pretty green. Here's the issue;

After filling up the tank, I needed two attempts to start it. The starter turns and sounds fine, So It can't be a battery issue. After a long ride in the middle of nowhere, I stopped to stretch my legs. The bike would not start back up. Starter turns it just won't fire up, the engine temp was 210 F. I sat there for 20 minutes trying to start it and finally out of nowhere it started up and ran fine.

I drove it home and once in the garage it wouldn't start again. after flicking the kill switch on and off and trying again it started up. So i jiggled the wires and kept trying to make it fail again and it won't.

I'm leaning towards the kill switch, any suggestions or advice? It cant be a fuse because it simply would not start at all?

Is my next step to tear apart the kill switch and look aqt the connections?

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,903 Posts
When diagnosing non starts, always listen for the fuel pump when you turn the key on. If it doesn't prime chances are its the kill switch.

Honda for whatever reason will crank with the kill switch activated. This messes up a lot of people

1 - 4 of 4 Posts