Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone,

After researching and going thru tons of threads about bikes not starting, I decided that I will try and explain my situation as I have not found the same problem listed (which it probably is).

I purchased my '06 600RR about 3 weeks ago, it was laid down on the side and the previous owner informed me that he did not replace anything besides some plastics, foot peg, and clutch lever.
The bike starts completely fine majority of the time, however every once in a while (no pattern) it will not start. I hear the fuel pump prime, the battery is good, but the engine will not turn over. The only thing that i hear when i try to start it is a click coming from under the seat. I can bump start it, but I am getting tired of parking on hills and pushing the bike to start it.

From my research I have noticed that the kickstand sensor, BAS sensor, and kill switch are common reasons for these types of problems.

I would appreciate any suggestions, especially on which parts are the easiest to check and test. I have some knowledge of working on bikes, but I am not a mechanic by a long shot.

Thanks

·
Registered
190 Posts
Sounds like most likely your problem is going to be either in the starter relay or the starter itself. Try checking those out. When it doesn't start try pushing the start button a couple more times and see what happens.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 3 of 3 Posts