Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Starting Problems When Hot

I Have An 03 That I've Owned For About 2 Years And When The Bike Is Hot And Fan Running It Won't Start Untill It Cools Down Then It Fires Right Up. I Live Near Phoenix Az. And Road All Last Summer In 110 Deg. And Never Had A Problem.bike Has Almost 23000 Miles On It And All At Once This Problem. I Replaced The Battery From Batteries Plus And Still The Same.I'm Thinking It's The R/r But Just Not Sure.Volts When Running Is Around 13.9 @ 3000 Rpm.Volts When Hot And Fan Running Around 12.3 When Bike Is Shut Off.Any Words Of Advice Before I Have To Take It To A Shop.Thanks....................

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have the same exact problem. Bike will not start when its hot. I have to wait around unitl it cools down before I can start it again. Very frustrating. I havent found what is causing this either...

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
12.3v is too low!! Anything below 12.6v may cause starting problems when the bike gets hot.

1) Have the battery load tested
2) Buy a 1amp trickle charger w/ built-in regulator
3) Read this thread and then test the R/R. If it fails replace it AFTER your battery is tested to be good.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I had this problem on my 01 F4i about two years ago. I found out it was the two fuses in the rear, right under the rear seat. Don't know where thet are on the rr but one controls the fuel pump and the other controls the fuel injection. When I would ride to long they would get hot enough to burn you. They were going bad. Bought two new one(20 bucks each) and never had a problem after that.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Let me suggest that you check all connectors coming from the charging system and clean them first.
Do you have any instructions on how to do this? This could be related to my problem as well. Thanks.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I had 12.7-12.8v after about 10 minutes of riding and letting it idol for a little while to get the temp up to 220ish. Started a little slow but it did start. So you think its my battery? im fairly sure the battery is original. btw i have an 03 just got it over the winter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts