Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well most of you know about my accident where I was hit on the freeway. Lately I have been starting to wish the bike had been totalled out so that my debt would be payed off. I barely ride, had the bike for about 3 months now and it has 530 miles on it. I just don't have the time to ride, nor do I have local friends to ride with so it just sits most of the time except when I ride it to the gym or something. I wish I could say oh I'm too scared to ride now because of the accident and get some simpathy, but the truth is I have put more miles on it since I got hit than before the accident. But if I sell it I'm going to lose alot of money, I wouldn't be mad if it got stolen. Anyone else have this going on, or am I completely alone? lol

Because of having the bike payment and bike insurance, I wont be able to buy a nice car. But I would get so much more use out of a car, right now I drive my dad's truck just about everywhere....and I know he wants it back. lol I wish I had really thought about the inconveniences of having just the bike and stuff before I bought it, or at least had bought a used bike for like 5grand or less.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Come to Ojai great riding and I have no one to ride with either lol. Leave it outside if you really dont want it, i hope you have gap insurance and I hope you delete this thread if you do it.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Well conspiring insurance fraud or whatever is what youre doing lol dont worry youre not the only one. Anyways I hope you keep it but you know if its not for you right now...

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
thanks for thinking about raising the insurance premiums of every single sportbike rider on the road (especially in your county/state).

i certainly hope the judge reads this when you're being prosecuted for insurance fraud.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for thinking about raising the insurance premiums of every single sportbike rider on the road (especially in your county/state).

i certainly hope the judge reads this when you're being prosecuted for insurance fraud.
It was more of a joke than anything. I have already listed it for sale. But I wouldn't be mad if it did get stolen, which will probably never happen since I barely ride it and its always in my garage.

·
Registered
70 Posts
hope ur ok man, how bad was it? surely u can get most bits off ebay etc, street fighter it or such?

sux tho, dunno about in the US but if u wreck it they'll still only give u the value of the bike, so if they find it was damaged etc they'll knock the price down no? and what if they find it and return it worse :D

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The bike is in perfect condition now. I broke my collar bone in the accident, but I'm almost all better now and have been riding again for the past month. Just don't really want to keep paying 253/mo for the bike/gear and 1k/yr insurance for something I barely use, that's all.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I feel you man. I have had mine since April and I have only put 1000 miles on it. I have nobody to ride with...not to mention that every weekend for the last 2 months I have been out of town.
But in the end...the OPTION of going out to the garage, hopping on...and going. Worth it.
Also...you live in Cali. I see TONS of people from Cali on here. I GUARANTEE you could find meeting spots. Its a lot tougher here in NC.

·
Registered
126 Posts
dang 07black... keep your bike bro. you gonna miss it when it's gone. I know how you feel not being able to ride. Ever since my 2nd son was born, mine's been sitting in the garage. I think I rode it once to goto to Ralph's for quick baby supply run. bah. If you want to ride, come on up N on 57 to Diamond Bar... we can head out to 39 to ride (that is if I get a chance)... me and my bro's ride the 39 at least once a week before my son was born.

Damon K... that's a long ride from 60/57 area. =[ dang!

·
Registered
25 Posts
3 months and 530 miles???

You haven't even given the bike a chance. Get it broken in, get the service done and open that badboy up. You've got one of the baddest bikes on the road, go out there and enjoy it.

Might I ask why you have no desire to ride? And why you chose the bike to begin with?

I just bought an 07 600rr 2 weeks ago and I'm absolutely LOOOVING IT!! This is my third bike. I bought a brand new 03 Shadow Spirit as my first and traded that for an 01 highly customized Sporster. This is my first sportbike and when I first got on it I was scared sh**less. I even called the dealership back the next day and asked them to trade it in for a VTX 1300r. The guy talked me out of it and I love the bike more and more each day.

If you're going to be that far upside down selling it don't do it. Deep down you really wanted this.....you've just got to dig deep down and find that again.

·
Registered
83 Posts
yea i feel where your coming from for the monthly payments and insurance, but you get what you pay for, you wanted something brand new so you gotta pay for, that was all stuff that you could of thought about before buying the bike, im in the same situation, i have a g35 and this bike, and am paying way to much for the 2, so im getting rid of the car, trust me cars depreciate so fast its not even worth it, such a waste of money, dont get me wrong bikes go down in value to, but at least you dont owe as much , and especially in cali a car would be boring as hell, i only get to ride my bike 7 months out of the year and i would rather have this than a nice car, just my 2 cents, but do what you feel like

·
Registered
126 Posts
I just bought an 07 600rr 2 weeks ago and I'm absolutely LOOOVING IT!! This is my third bike. I bought a brand new 03 Shadow Spirit as my first and traded that for an 01 highly customized Sporster. This is my first sportbike and when I first got on it I was scared sh**less. I even called the dealership back the next day and asked them to trade it in for a VTX 1300r. The guy talked me out of it and I love the bike more and more each day.

If you're going to be that far upside down selling it don't do it. Deep down you really wanted this.....you've just got to dig deep down and find that again.
Aren't you glad you didn't trade it in? =] Enjoy your new ride and I myself probably pick up a GoldWing or something similar down the line.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I feel you man. I have had mine since April and I have only put 1000 miles on it. I have nobody to ride with...not to mention that every weekend for the last 2 months I have been out of town.
But in the end...the OPTION of going out to the garage, hopping on...and going. Worth it.
Also...you live in Cali. I see TONS of people from Cali on here. I GUARANTEE you could find meeting spots. Its a lot tougher here in NC.
some of my friends ride all the time..i ride to school in chapel hill and everywhere possible that a car wouldn't be more convenient

·
Registered
25 Posts
Oh absolutely I'm glad I didn't trade it in!!

I've always wanted a cruiser AND a sportbike. The difference in power just amazed me to the point of scaring me. Now that I'm starting to understand how to handle the power (keep in mind I still haven't broken 8k rpms) I couldn't ask for more..............well maybe more twisties.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Number 1, you're paying way too much for insurance.
Number 2, you're monthly payment is way too high.
Number 3, you don't ride nearly enough to justify paying that much money for number 1 and 2.

For that much money, after 3 months, you should have more like 5300 miles on the bike. I pay less than you for insurance on two bikes (07 CBR600RR and 06 FZ1) and the monthly payment for the CBR is half of what you pay. Last year I put 12,000 miles on the FZ1 and will put more like 15,000 to 20,000 miles (the CBR is pretty much a track only bike for me) on the two bikes combined this year. I put 1000 miles on my car last year only because it rains sometimes.

I'm not trying to make you feel bad or piss you off but 530 miles in 3 months is pretty telling about how you feel about riding. You can't make yourself love riding, it's something that is just a part of you. You either love to ride or you don't. Having one of the most kick ass bikes out there will not make you love to ride it'll just empty your wallet.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts