Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone who would like to join me and a few others for a Starved Rock run this coming Saturday the 14th is welcome.

We need to setup a meet up time and location. I prefer sometime in the AM around 9am or so and possible meet around an area that is easy to find for everyone.

Ok, so who is in and any thoughts and ideas? :cruising:

·
Registered
827 Posts
I'm there!

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok for anyone that is further north of i55 and i80 we can meet up at the Hooter's in Aurora off of Rt59 near the Fox Valley Mall at 9:30am sharp, then we can all head down together to meet up with the rest of the group near i80 or i55 at 10am.

Make sure your tire pressure is good and to keep hydrated, we will make several rest stops along the way. I will post again when we determine a spot near i80 or i55. :banger:

·
Registered
278 Posts
I just looked and I show 40% Sat. and 10% Sunday but they clearly have no idea what they are talking about.

What way are you guys taking?

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just looked and I show 40% Sat. and 10% Sunday but they clearly have no idea what they are talking about.

What way are you guys taking?
Yeah we won't know the conditions until the day of usually!

There are some nice back roads that a couple of the guys I ride with take, I don't know the names of the streets but it basically rides along side the river all the way up to Starved Rock. :cruising: What about you guys?

·
Registered
278 Posts
We take Rt. 47 south to Dupont Rd. which is about 2 miles once you cross over the IL river. Then we stay on Dupont for a bit, which I think actually turns into River rd which then turns into Gentleman-Trumbo Rd/Hwy55/N2653 Rd. We on on that until it hits 23 then turn right and take that to 71. Turn left on 71 and on that all the way to Starved Rock.

We normally stop in Utica to get some lunch. Then we hop on 80 to 55 to come back cause by that time your a$$ hurts from being on the bike so long and we just want to get home, relax and drink a ice cold beer...or 5

·
Registered
827 Posts
Maybe we should move it to Sunday due to weather? Utica is 50% chance for rain

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We take Rt. 47 south to Dupont Rd. which is about 2 miles once you cross over the IL river. Then we stay on Dupont for a bit, which I think actually turns into River rd which then turns into Gentleman-Trumbo Rd/Hwy55/N2653 Rd. We on on that until it hits 23 then turn right and take that to 71. Turn left on 71 and on that all the way to Starved Rock.

We normally stop in Utica to get some lunch. Then we hop on 80 to 55 to come back cause by that time your a$$ hurts from being on the bike so long and we just want to get home, relax and drink a ice cold beer...or 5
Sounds like a good route and yeah I agree about getting home faster to chill!

Sent from my US740 using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Maybe we should move it to Sunday due to weather? Utica is 50% chance for rain

Well, let's see what the forecast shows tomorrow since they are always changing. For all we know it might not rain Sat but it might on Sunday instead?

·
Registered
827 Posts
Well, let's see what the forecast shows tomorrow since they are always changing. For all we know it might not rain Sat but it might on Sunday instead?

Sounds good, Utica showed 50% for Saturday and Sunday it shows 10%

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think we will be fine, the forecast says evening showers and mostly cloudy all day so we are a go!

Tim and Jeff do you guys want to meet up at the Morris/Channahon exit off i80 at the BP?

·
Registered
827 Posts
That's fine with me cuz then I can just shoot right down 80 from my house, is the BP right by the exit or is it down the street a ways? Not familiar with the area?

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Not 100% sure but it might be just 1/4 mile or so from i80. I will let u know for sure tomorrow, Friday.

Tim do you know where that BP is?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts