Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I just wanted to basically warn the guys in northeast ohio area.. not to buy parts from state 8 motorcycles....I wanted a nice set of frame sliders..so i go up there and basically after 2 months of them giving me the run around they ordered the wrong freakin parts!! ..does any one know where I can get a good set for a decent price either online or a store? thnx

·
Registered
6,211 Posts
kinda like whats going on with me and solomotoparts right now.

made two orders, one on 5/2/08, another on 5/12/08...

still haven't gotten my stuff :sad11:

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I placed an order on 5/2 as well with motosport.com expecting it in 2 days and they have still not sent it to me, I just think it is cool we both placed our orders on 5/2 and have not got them, lol. O.K. maybe it is not that funny.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I placed an order on 5/2 as well with motosport.com expecting it in 2 days and they have still not sent it to me, I just think it is cool we both placed our orders on 5/2 and have not got them, lol. O.K. maybe it is not that funny.
call them and ask them for a tracking number get on their as$es

·
C.F.A. member / whore
1,693 Posts
i love this site for making me hate stealerships and learning to do everything myself :)

·
Registered
11,156 Posts
kinda like whats going on with me and solomotoparts right now.

made two orders, one on 5/2/08, another on 5/12/08...

still haven't gotten my stuff :sad11:
i got my 520 kit from them and that took forever. not only that but it took them about a week to tell me about some of the stuff on back order, so i ended up cancelling. have had horrible experiences with kneedraggers.com too.

as far as sliders i go thru moto911.com. they get me my stuff fast.

·
Registered
87 Posts
cyclesector the guys are all over here fast shipping too i have orserd alot of thinks from them good service

·
Registered
194 Posts
i was thinking about just making my own. i can buy 2" diameter delrin for $15/foot, and thats basically all that slider is, no? i was thinkin just drill it out and shove a bolt in it, nothing too big, just an inch off the plastics probably. anyone done this or think they will just snap in half (which is kind of what i think)?

·
Registered
283 Posts
i had a problem with getting a title for a used bike that i paid cash for from state rape. i would never buy anythign fromthem again. it took them 2 months to get the title

·
Registered
6,211 Posts
i got my 520 kit from them and that took forever. not only that but it took them about a week to tell me about some of the stuff on back order...

That's basically it to sum it up. I ended up receiving one of my orders(so now I'm somewhat content) but the 5/2 order is still processing.

this is the email I received a few days after I ordered it:

"The Shogun Crash Kit NO CUT for CBR600RR 07-08 - Black is currently on backorder. Did you want to wait for it? It could be a couple of weeks."

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
I've not purchased anything from them, but State 8 is a huge dealership with a pretty solid reputation. Not defending them, just stating that I probably wouldn't judge them over a reported screw up of an accessories order.

In general, you'll save a ton of $$$ by ordering/installing accessories on your own. Guys at dealerships aren't tuned in to what's the "good stuff" for your particular bike, maybe because they have to deal with so many makes and models. Not to mention the fact dealers have to mark everything up to pay for their mechanics, sales people, facilities, etc.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts