Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well as some of you may have already read, i ran into some problems down at malibu canyon today. If you ahven't read yet here is the thread:

http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?p=1157099#post1157099

so as soon as that happened i filed a claim, i told them that iwas trying to swerve from not hitting another rider and in the process, i went down also. Im hoping they send a rep tomorrow to take a look at the damage. Well here is my question, does state farm send a rep down and asses how much the whole thing will cost and write me a check? and can i also use my own mechanic, the only thing is that he doesnt have a shop of his own?

and last question for now, how should i go about this? ive already filed a claim, i dont know what's gonna happen next. I also am gonna be in the FIeld from mon-friday(marine corp) so I wont be able to talk to them how should i go about that?

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
If they process the claim they will send someone out to check out the damage. If you are not home all week, looks like you will be doing that on a day you are home. Only other way would be to leave it at Honda or a shop where it is being fixed so the adjuster can go there. If it were my bike I would want to be there though when the insurance adjuster checks shyt out. If you have filed the claim, at this point you wait. There should be a police report from this...right? They will review any police reports and proceed....nothing for you to do at this point. I'm sorry that this happened. I've riden those roads a bunch of times. The first week I had the bike I went out there and turn fixation almost took me down.

·
Deeze
1,160 Posts
go to a honda dealer and have them give you an estimate, they will give you a really high cost. When the guy from state farm comes he will match what the dealer said. I went through this with state farm.

·
Registered
163 Posts
In my experience State Farm ROCKS! If the bike is not at a repair facility they have just cut me a check for the estimated amount minus whatever my deductable was. I currently have 3 claims going from tornado damage (2 vehicles and a home), they came out quickly, paid us for whatever they thought was necessary and told us to keep in contact if we had any problems. Unless there is a dispute in the amount estimated they will not want to have to deal with the repair shop. They want to pay you and have you pay the shop, it keeps them out of being a middle man.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I don't know about St Farm but Geico came to my house, looked at the damage, sat in my driveway for an hour on a laptop, and wrote me a check for $5800. It costs about $2300 to fix. (It was my 05 1000RR street bike) It was knocked over in the driveway. Talk about making out on the deal.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i didnt file ap olice report because the cop that was there said that if i did, he would have to file one for me and i would be at fault...and it would look bad with the insurance company.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oaky so gave the claim agency a call today, they they said that it was a collision lost, but i can use my own mechanic and one of their reps are gonna come to my house this week and asses the damage total up how much ittl cost and write me a check on the spot. and if my mechanic finds something else wrong with the bike he calls in to state farm and ask to get more mula to fix

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Very important to have the damage estimated first at the dealer to make sure you get all the money you have coming to you. After they cut the first check, getting your private mechanic to squeeze more money out of them will be a stretch. Honestly, you get the Honda estimate and if the adjuster estimates lower you show him the proof. You don't tell the insurance company you are using your own mechanic before they right a check!!! Duh! You tell them you are having Honda fix it so as to render a larger pay off. Your mechanic is to save you money, not them.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Very important to have the damage estimated first at the dealer to make sure you get all the money you have coming to you. After they cut the first check, getting your private mechanic to squeeze more money out of them will be a stretch. Honestly, you get the Honda estimate and if the adjuster estimates lower you show him the proof. You don't tell the insurance company you are using your own mechanic before they right a check!!! Duh! You tell them you are having Honda fix it so as to render a larger pay off. Your mechanic is to save you money, not them.

:( first time i ever did a claim, i think ill go to the dealership right now to have them do an estimate.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i was thinking of calling you up for the ride but you where like 2 1/2 -3 hours away, i was in carson. but yeah man sucks! that i can't ride i almost cried haha(well i can still ride it but i hate looking at her all jacked up) but anyway im looking at this the best way possible which is....new fairings haha, new turn signals(maybe replace them for flushmounts) helmet is a goner(used up my one crash) I WANT SUOMY GAMBLE! new barends and maybe a new chain(well i might just clean the old one up) and new pazzo clutch lever...

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
i was thinking of calling you up for the ride but you where like 2 1/2 -3 hours away, i was in carson. but yeah man sucks! that i can't ride i almost cried haha(well i can still ride it but i hate looking at her all jacked up) but anyway im looking at this the best way possible which is....new fairings haha, new turn signals(maybe replace them for flushmounts) helmet is a goner(used up my one crash) I WANT SUOMY GAMBLE! new barends and maybe a new chain(well i might just clean the old one up) and new pazzo clutch lever...
dang, i wouldn't have been able to make it anyways because i had work today and on top of that, i had to come back this morning from my parents place in Crestline (near lake arrowhead) all the way to irvine at 7 am!!

i was actually thinking about sliders on my way down bear mountain and how much it would suck to go down on the way home. i was supposed to get some shoguns for my bike last week, but the shop i went to was out of stock. hopefully i get them soon....maybe this week

on the bright side, i guess it'll justify getting new stuff for your bike...not that it's a good thing that you HAVE to replace them instead of WANTING to replace them...

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
haha i might seem crazy but when i crashed it was a good rush...im sure if it was a bigger crash id probably be whining and bitching..i think i lowsided im not even sure man it happened in like 2 seconds im breaking then boom im on my side then i hite the hill and im like in the middle of the road my bike on the hill.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Malibu is known for claiming. I met a guy on an R6 and his bike was rashed up. He told me he went to Malibu the first week he got the bike with some friends..couldn't keep up and washed out in a turn. The road to the Rock Store is some scary shyt for a new rider too. Approach with caution.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts