Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have state farm insurance in IL and pay on a month to month basis. My agent is telling me that they don't offer it but I thought I have heard people here say they pay monthly. Any info would be great.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Does anyone have state farm insurance in IL and pay on a month to month basis. My agent is telling me that they don't offer it but I thought I have heard people here say they pay monthly. Any info would be great.
I pay statefarm monthly, theres a fee for that tho, but still doable.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I can do it in MI, there is a $3 service charge...

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Maybe try a different state farm agent??

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Maybe your credit isnt the greatest? Some carriers dont permit montly installments if you credit is not ideal. Reasoning behind this is because missed payments, cancellations, and reinstatements are a paperwork nightmare and cost the carrier money.
I had state farm and I paid monthly. I believe they also had a monthly EFT (electronic funds transfer) where it woudl take the money out of your bank account automatically each month. No billing charge for EFT payments also.

Unfortunately State Farm dropped the $hit out of me so now I have progressive and pay 4 times as much...

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the information. I will try with my current agent and if they won't let me do it I will try another state farm agent.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well mine insurance isn't that cheap. I am only 23 turning 24.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Paying monthly was an option given to me, but I found it easier to just pay yearly ($227).
Wow how old are you? I'm 24, live in Michigan (so it figures i won't be riding 4-5 months out of the year) and i pay $850. I have a perfect driving record as well (no tickets/accidents) I have an 08. You have an older bike too?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Wow how old are you? I'm 24, live in Michigan (so it figures i won't be riding 4-5 months out of the year) and i pay $850. I have a perfect driving record as well (no tickets/accidents) I have an 08. You have an older bike too?
I'm 28 and ride an '07 600RR. With SF if you're over 25/26 then your rates drop dramatically.......they go by CC only and not the type of bike. I was with Progressive prior to SF and they wanted over $800/yr for my bike. :retard:

As long as your record stays clean, your rates will drop when you hit that magic age. :banger:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
As long as your record stays clean, your rates will drop when you hit that magic age. :banger:
That's what I am looking forward to.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
You people are so lucky; you pay such low yearly wages for insurance! I pay $175/month. I'm 19 and have an 03'rr...

·
Registered
241 Posts
You people are so lucky; you pay such low yearly wages for insurance! I pay $175/month. I'm 19 and have an 03'rr...
I feel your pain bro but I had to pay my dues to. When I was 18 I paid almost $500/yr for just liability on a '91 750 Ninja. Full coverage was around $1300. :banghead:

·
Registered
53 Posts
The key is to call around. Every year I call several companies to see what they can do. For an 06 rr they ranged from 400 to 1400 for 1 year of full coverage depending on the company.

·
Registered
219 Posts
i have a 2004 cbr 600rr i have no tickets and no acidents im 18 years old and i pay 150.00 a month so thats like 1,800 a year

·
Registered
752 Posts
I am with State Farm but I am pretty sure when I renewed the monthly was ridiculous compared to annual.

But then again in Canada we pretty much bend over and take it from the insurance companies, we get screwed here big time.

I just heard on the news the government is allowing insurance co's to increase 15% this year.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I have State Farm and pay $187/yr on an '07RR. I'm 32 though and have a clean record.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts