Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I keep seeing people suggest State Farm is the cheapest insurance...

Well, they say. "Provider of auto, health, home and life insurance".

And on the website the category list on the homepage doesn't have motorcycle.

Are you guys picking "other?" Or are you calling them to get a quote?

·
Registered
81 Posts
call em all up bro, cause they all have different quotes even thou they are all statefarm. some will even tell you that they dont cover motorcycles ************ shop till you drop man, I called about 20 different statefarms b4 I found a good deal, and boy was it worth it cause I crashed the following day, but I had full coverage. LUCKY HUH ;)

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks! I will call in the morning!

I found my answer like 10 pages down in their website:

Other Rate Quotes
Online quotes for boats, business, or motorcycles are not yet available.

As always, you can contact your State Farm agent for an off-line quote.
----
But you guys could still tell me if this is how you got yours.

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
i didnt call. i went over there and spoke to the agent personally.
bring your paperwork. its better speaking to them in person imo.

100/300/100 for 35.00 a month. theyre only covering my bike.
i dont insure anything else with them. theyre all different too.
shop around with different state farm branches til you find one
that will insure your bike.

·
C.A.H.N founder / President
11,188 Posts
I have State Farm and pay $26 a month for full coverage on my 05. They wouldn't insure my nephew's bike alone so he had to switch his truck to State Farm. The insurance was way cheaper on the bike than his other insurance company but higher on the truck. It came out cheaper overall.

·
Registered
638 Posts
I just changed over, I'm paying 27 bucks a month. I guess its b/c I have 3 other vehicles with them though. You should call them, its much easier to work with on the phone or in person than on the internet. My insurance lady told me that in a couple of months State Farm will start offering discounts for completing the MSF. If you haven't done that yet you should.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I have everything insured through State Farm.. bikes, cars, house, life and a hospitalization(sp) policy. I even have a few things financed through their bank.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the great responses.

I have bike line now, clean record liability only and it's $450 a year. It went up $100 from when I had my F4, damn.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
You have to call. And it is true, in some areas of the country State Farm does not offer motorcycle insurance. It is done county to county. So, California has areas where they do and don't offer it.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
mikespike2 said:
Thanks for the great responses.

I have bike line now, clean record liability only and it's $450 a year. It went up $100 from when I had my F4, damn.
Holy shyt. I have Progressive in Los Angeles for $130 a year for liability on my new 2006 CBR600RR. $450 a year for just liability is robbery.

·
Registered
114 Posts
state farm blows. they might be cheap but dont even think about having an accident.
i hit a POTHOLE in my car and broke my 2 right side wheels and messed up my suspension pretty good. anyways 1500 or so in parts and labor then the next letter i get from them THEY DROPPED ME!!!! for hitting a pothole

N

·
0 Posts
$57 a month for a RR and Kawi 250 @ 25/50/25 with a $500 deductible is pretty dang good if you ask me.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts