Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Ya'll betta RECKOGNIZE!!!!
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yeah that is right.. is that the best insurance company or what..

i got my renewal form progressive in the mail the other day.. $857 for the whole year...
so i go down to the state farm agent..
full year of full coverage for the bike for .........$168!!!!!!!
and as a bonus i saved $400 a year on my truck policy too.. went from $1300 down to about $900.

and if that isnt enough, the guy who owns the agency down there is on our board of police commissioners and he sees that im a police officer with the city and gives me an extra discount!!!

sometimes things just go right.. and it feels ohh so good!

FaaaaaK You Progressive!!!

·
Registered
540 Posts
yea, i've got state farm too, and their pricing on bikes it _great_.... (over 25, male, decent driving record)...

plus, every claim i've had w/ them (none on the bike) went smooth...

·
Registered
77 Posts
Re: State Farm

I also use state farm and am pleased with there service. My 05 cbr600rr was recently(2-25-07) knocked over while it was parked. i was pissed as i saw the person do it. well after talking with my state farm agent he sent an estimator over to assess the damage. the damage was well over 5k. i received my state farm check 2 days after i made my claim.
i still am waiting to get my bike back from the shop,but at least state farm covers there insured.
oh a couple of ????'s for ya
1. you state that you only pay 168 bucks for a year of insurance do you pay your insurance all at once or are you making payments?
2. is this insurance for full coverage including non insured motorists?
3. Since you are a member of LE how fast have you gone on your bike?
on the track of course.
4. no disrespect intended but How old are you?
(do you get a break for being older with state farm )
i would like to know if you could help me out because i use state farm for my house, 3 cars, and bike and would like to know what other discounts are available to me out here in cali.
thank you

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
state farm rocks my socks too. i'm just hoping they come through in a claim if i need them. i just moved my car from progressive to state farm too.

·
Ya'll betta RECKOGNIZE!!!!
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I also use state farm and am pleased with there service. My 05 cbr600rr was recently(2-25-07) knocked over while it was parked. i was pissed as i saw the person do it. well after talking with my state farm agent he sent an estimator over to assess the damage. the damage was well over 5k. i received my state farm check 2 days after i made my claim.
i still am waiting to get my bike back from the shop,but at least state farm covers there insured.
oh a couple of ????'s for ya
1. you state that you only pay 168 bucks for a year of insurance do you pay your insurance all at once or are you making payments?
2. is this insurance for full coverage including non insured motorists?
3. Since you are a member of LE how fast have you gone on your bike?
on the track of course.
4. no disrespect intended but How old are you?
(do you get a break for being older with state farm )
i would like to know if you could help me out because i use state farm for my house, 3 cars, and bike and would like to know what other discounts are available to me out here in cali.
thank you

1. i was going to pay at once but since the truck is with them, they said it will be the same to make the monthly payments all together..so both are monthly
2. insurance is full coverage on both vehicles with $200 deductibles
3. ive never been on a track and ive gone way to fast for the regular road, that i all im going to say
4. 26.. will be 27 in may

also when i get my renters insurance switched to them i will save an additional 10% on my isnruance.. hahha.. i feel like im ripping them off now.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I had statefarm (high full coverage) but found a considerable better price with Nationwide. With the exception of a 1 point ticket (illegal turn), I had everything statefarm required to get the "good" rate but for some reason, it wouldn't come through. I even called another statefarm agent. Something about where I live or something. They give a further discount after 3 years of service, again after 6. There is also something like a 3 year accident free discount but I'm not paying more now to get where I've already gotten with Nationwide today. If you go with Statefarm, make sure you don't get cancelled. They have a rep for it and that makes re-insuring much more expensive. Otherwise, great company for most reasonable drivers. They look at engine size, not bike type which is a huge advantage us.

·
Registered
46 Posts
State Farm is cool until you get a ticket then they drop your ass instantly

·
Registered
118 Posts
yeah that is right.. is that the best insurance company or what..

i got my renewal form progressive in the mail the other day.. $857 for the whole year...
so i go down to the state farm agent..
full year of full coverage for the bike for .........$168!!!!!!!
and as a bonus i saved $400 a year on my truck policy too.. went from $1300 down to about $900.

and if that isnt enough, the guy who owns the agency down there is on our board of police commissioners and he sees that im a police officer with the city and gives me an extra discount!!!

sometimes things just go right.. and it feels ohh so good!

FaaaaaK You Progressive!!!

I just bought my first bike and its an 04 RR and they quoted me at 60 a month if full coverage and it was the best quote around!

·
Registered
371 Posts
Ive had state farm for years now and loved em everystep of the way. For 2 cars and a bike its only $130 a mo and im 25yr old single, just insured my house with them to.

·
Registered
14,359 Posts
Love them, they insure my bike, cars, etc. etc.

I've had a ticket and even 2 stolen cars over the years and they still rock,

·
Registered
116 Posts
got statefarm too..... love them, $33 mon full coverage for my 05 and for my two other cars are real cheap..

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Ins on 6 vehicles, all full coverage except 1. House insured, 2 hopitalization policies and 2 life insurance policies.

Usually runs me around 400 a month. I am pretty happy with them.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts