Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
If you have a 1 lane up and 1 lane down road - how does this work with a motorcycle? This would make me ride in the rain if I could go down the middle or right shoulder =p

·
Registered
388 Posts
Wow. I thought they'd NEVER allow this to be legal. Although I'm sure we're still going to find those people that won't let us by even if it is legal.

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
What I wouldn't do to get this to pass here in Georgia....would make life totally different around Atlanta for me.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Here's where the law is open to interpretation - it doesn't define "periods of traffic congestion". Like usual, common sense applies.

(3) Except during periods of traffic congestion, no person shall
operate a motorcycle between lanes of traffic or between adjacent lines or rows
of vehicles.

Don't expect cagers to embrace this newfound privilege for bikers.

I encourage everyone to write a quick email to:
Rep. JEFF MORRIS (Democrat) at [email protected] and
Rep. ALEX WOOD (Democrat) at [email protected]

to express your feelings on the bill. Personally I think it's great to have the privilege of making the choice to lane split. Although I don't know if I'd do it myself I love the freedom of having the choice.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I just got a damn ticket for splitting lanes while traffic was at a complete standstill. And before you say, "why didn't you just take off?", it was a motorcycle cop and I didn't even see him until he was next to me (hadn't put the mirrors back on after the last trackday). That dude wanted to take me to jail for reckless driving! Instead he just gave me three citations. Too bad they forgot to put the date on the complaint I was mailed. Ineffective service and no tickets for me (it's good to be a law clerk)! Woohoo!
P.S. If anyone has any legal problems in central AZ, give me a PM and I'll see if I can hook you up)

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
PLYHARD13 said:
I just got a damn ticket for splitting lanes while traffic was at a complete standstill. And before you say, "why didn't you just take off?", it was a motorcycle cop and I didn't even see him until he was next to me (hadn't put the mirrors back on after the last trackday). That dude wanted to take me to jail for reckless driving! Instead he just gave me three citations. Too bad they forgot to put the date on the complaint I was mailed. Ineffective service and no tickets for me (it's good to be a law clerk)! Woohoo!
P.S. If anyone has any legal problems in central AZ, give me a PM and I'll see if I can hook you up)
Wait, you were lane splitting in Arizona (illegal) and you're implying that you would've "taken off" (illegal) but you were missing mirrors (illegal) and you're a law clerk? And people should PM you if they have legal problems?? HOLY SHYT! I don't know what else to say.

U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I most likely still won't do it, but I suppose it's nice to have the option if absolutely necessary.

·
Registered
581 Posts
JetBlast10 said:
I encourage everyone to write a quick email to:
Rep. JEFF MORRIS (Democrat) at [email protected] and
Rep. ALEX WOOD (Democrat) at [email protected]

to express your feelings on the bill. Personally I think it's great to have the privilege of making the choice to lane split. Although I don't know if I'd do it myself I love the freedom of having the choice.
Don't worry, I've spammed both of them. :wink:

Also some of my fellow riders who are police officers said that I should keep a copy of the new law when it passes. So that if I get pulled over, I can show him the RCW (Revised Code of WA State) that states that lane splitting was legal. We'll see what happens but I'd still be hesitant with the cagers that aren't aware of this.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts