Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
like the more you ride the more chance to crash right?

and the more you ride at high speed the more chance of a life threatining accident right?

im just saying be careful bros

good discussion?

if not take it off i understand

·
Please Excuse me, I've been drinking again.
4,452 Posts
Common sense...stop thinking about wrecking. I didn't even want to reply to this thread because it's stupid...but now you've suckered me in, I hope you're happy

V

·
0 Posts
I've got one stat that took me 8 years of tedious surveying and field studies to compile....

.... if you never ride your motorcycle, you are never going to get in a motorcycle crash. Other than that, I've got nothing. ;-)

·
Registered
268 Posts
Meddiepie954rr said:
Common sense...stop thinking about wrecking. I didn't even want to reply to this thread because it's stupid...but now you've suckered me in, I hope you're happy
Don't feel bad, jander. It doesn't take much to sucker in the resident post whore. Starting a thread - any thread - is enough.

·
Registered
114 Posts
VinRR said:
I've got one stat that took me 8 years of tedious surveying and field studies to compile....

.... if you never ride your motorcycle, you are never going to get in a motorcycle crash. Other than that, I've got nothing. ;-)
heheheheh =)

for actual numbers, i'm at 3000 miles and 2 accidents, but I'm not a very smart individual.

·
Please Excuse me, I've been drinking again.
4,452 Posts
speedy said:
Meddiepie954rr said:
Don't feel bad, jander. It doesn't take much to sucker in the resident post whore. Starting a thread - any thread - is enough.

ZING :damnmate:

But seriously...I read it once and was like "are you kidding me...I'm not even gunna post..." and then he posted again to bump it to the top and I had to. It's my responsibility as a top 10 (whoop whoop) :rocker:

·
eh-TEE-OH-clez
1,960 Posts
all statistics can be reduced to the universal statistic:

All events have a 50% probability: Either it happens, or it doesn't.

·
Registered
351 Posts
for all you newbies out there...

if you ride smart and wear your gear, your gonna crash... and sometimes crash hard! :Humpty: maybe now, maybe later!

if you ride like rabbit on speed, without ur gear.. your gonna crash, and maybe a good chance, die! :banghead:

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
out of everyone I know who has been riding for over 2 years, including people who work at dealerships, one hasnt crashed. Chances are you're going to crash your bike. people should come to terms with this before they even think of riding. All you can do is be alert, wear gear, and use common sense. Dont think about crashing, just enjoy the ride and worry about crashing when you're just about to.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Actualy, i would say the more you ride, the less likely to crash. You keep your skills honed and you abilty to detect problems gets better.

The weekend warrior is more likely to try to over do it in the short period of time they ride.

·
Registered
881 Posts
The only thing you're in control of is how you ride to reduce the possibility of accidents. Unless you're a dumbshiz, you're not purposely trying to wreck. The other side of it is out of your control, like a car smacking you from the rear.

L

·
0 Posts
hondaf4iguy said:
Actualy, i would say the more you ride, the less likely to crash. You keep your skills honed and you abilty to detect problems gets better.

The weekend warrior is more likely to try to over do it in the short period of time they ride.
very true, but the weekend riders are usually away from traffic and the commuters are always in it so that kind of evens things out i think.

·
Registered
13,229 Posts
only one crash to my record, bout 8 years ago. never dropped or layed down a bike other than that. almost highsided at about 70mph, recovered and tried to ride it out. then lowsided it in the grass. You know those neat video clips, where the bike flips up into the air and tumbles end over end. I got to watch my 600 F2 do that, as i slid it out. oh yeah, did i mention i was only wearing jeans and a t-shirt? no road rash, but lots of grass stains, even in my hair. (got very lucky)

I learned my lesson the hard way, didn't get hurt, other than my bruised ego and a swollen knee. Never outride your ability, ride safe. Wear your gear, take the MSF, yadda yadda yadda..... you know the drill.

You may never go down, for the whole extent of your life riding on 2 wheels. But you don't jump in your car expecting to crash it either, but you put that seatbelt on. Wear your gear, it's all you got.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
i've been riding for over 9 years, and have had my own bikes for the past 3 years. i've only been in one wreck and it was on my very first bike, a Kawasaki EX250R, lol. i hit a patch of oil and dirt going through a turn coming off the freeway 3/4 of the way through the turn, and there was nothing i could do. slammed into the curb and the rest is just a blur. never wrecked or dropped anything since then, so as long as you ride safe and be defensive, you're more likely to AVOID crashing, and lessen your chances of getting yourself into one of those unavoidable crash situations.

be safe everyone, and take care!

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
luckydevil said:
hondaf4iguy said:

very true, but the weekend riders are usually away from traffic and the commuters are always in it so that kind of evens things out i think.
Age and experience play a critical part in this. Here is a couple of statistics from a study done years ago.

20. Motorcycle riders between the ages of 16 and 24 are significantly overrepresented in accidents; motorcycle riders between the ages of 30 and 50 are significantly underrepresented.

24. The motorcycle riders involved in accidents are essentially without training; 92% were self-taught or learned from family or friends. Motorcycle rider training experience reduces accident involvement and is related to reduced injuries in the event of accidents.

25. More than half of the accident-involved motorcycle riders had less than 5 months experience on the accident motorcycle, although the total street riding experience was almost 3 years. Motorcycle riders with dirt bike experience are significantly underrepresented in the accident data.

Here's a link to the entire thread:
http://www.600rr.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=18400&highlight=

Here's another thread for some good statistics:
http://www.600rr.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7154&highlight=nhtsa

Tim

·
Registered
25 Posts
damn, I thought I was going to see some hardcore # and statis analysis on the topic. Then I saw the original post.

:bitchslap:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts