Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, guys, I just got my bike yesterday from FL after I bought it on Ebay and it leaks oil from the stator cover. There is a hair crack in it so I am ordering a new one but my question is if its just the cover or should be worrying about it as it leaks a little of oil with the bike just parked leaned over(I mean its not just some amount leaked and that's it and its not only when the bike is running also...). Thank you.

Oh, and its 06 RR :)

·
Banned
1,467 Posts
Hey, guys, I just got my bike yesterday from FL after I bought it on Ebay and it leaks oil from the stator cover. There is a hair crack in it so I am ordering a new one but my question is if its just the cover or should be worrying about it as it leaks a little of oil with the bike just parked leaned over(I mean its not just some amount leaked and that's it and its not only when the bike is running also...). Thank you.

Oh, and its 06 RR :)
I wouldn't worry about it, my friend had a hairline crack in his clutch cover and he road that for a year before soldering over it lol, order from http://www.indyoem.com/ man, $44.something for my stator cover, $10.50 shipping (Don't forget the gasket!)

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
You can use liquid gasket. Pick it up at any auto parts store. One tube will literally last you for your life....for most people.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.