Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am having some issues removing the staot cover, it seems attached to the stator and flywheel? i have never done this before and don't want to **** anything up. anyone know a good way to do this? there is only half a cover left too also. thanks
-Noah

·
Registered
428 Posts
left side cover (Hand clutch side) give it a good tap or two with a rubber mallet, make sure all bolts are out

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
CarolinaRR said:
oh we tapped it, we tapped the **** out of it, i dunno whats going on i am about to post some pics, thanks for the help guys
I would make sure all your bolts are out then, if i remember correctly there might be one or two hidden behind a hose. i would check that and then all you have to do is keep pulling on it and tip it. make sure to have a pan or something under it, quite a bit of oil leeks out when you take it off.

·
Registered
615 Posts
BiGxbOix510 said:
tap it all over until all the edges are showing then squeeze your fingertips in there, and when you've got some sort of grip on it pull HARD while wobbling it around! The magnet aint no joke, it's like playing tug-of-war with a dog and a t-shirt.
does kicking the bike make it easier? when you play tug-of-war with a dog, you can just kick the dog and it makes winning easier, just tying to clear up the confusion :p

·
Registered
31 Posts
since you guys are on this topic .i replaced a rashed stator cover and now the cover gets super hot when you ride the bike .took it back off and it doesnt look like anythings rubbing .any suggestions guys and gals?and by the way rubber mallet all the sides then use the pulling tabs on the top and bottom of the cover.my buddy fell over some stuff when he was trying to pull it off and lost his grip lol.

·
Registered
428 Posts
grasshoppa said:
any of you tech savy fellas have any ideas . i know it gets hot but this is "holy jesus thats hot"
they all get hot, your probably just noticing it now since you have replaced it after an accident and now play closer attention to things just my .02

·
BOTM 12/ 07 My Kickstand is up
10,565 Posts
after i removed all the bolts , i used a hammer and yanked it right out by hooking it onto the tab on the lower left part of the cover ... i fell down a couple of times cause i lost grip of it , but take your time ... once it's loose just use your hands and slowly pull it out ... remember , slowly ... you'll have to take off five more screws on the inside of the cover to separate it from the rest of the bike

1 - 15 of 15 Posts