Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I will admit I am only 99.% sure that they were there when I dropped my bike off for the inspection but when I picked her up 2 of my windshield screws came up missing . Service guy said “beats me dude”. So I went to the parts dept. and you guessed it…..they had none in stock. Rant over. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
fuk that place, id never go there again

·
i love juggggggggzzz
7,498 Posts
jesus you guys are freaking out i would say most likely they accidently lost them if they wernt already gone when you took it in. i doubt anyone at a dealer would steal your plastic screws from your windscreen when they know you can get a box of 50 for a dollar.

·
Registered
45 Posts
no matter the $ value on what was stolen.

i know i would deff have been pissed off.

what if someone stole a piece off of your lambo.

some of us here came up hard and never had anything nice until we got jobs and paid for it with our own hard earned money.

i know if saw someone even taking a plastic valve cap off of my tire on my bike

that would be an immediate ass whoppin.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Well the service guy did say, "Beats me dude"

thats something a prick would say, and a prick would take your ****.

and if they're only 13 cents, i dont see why the worker wouldnt have given him new ones. or even try and look for them atleast, so he wouldnt leave as an unsatisfied customer.

he even checked if they had any in stock, and they didnt. its only obvious they were taken to fix another bike, or maybe even taken home by the worker for his bike. because his shop didnt have any that day and for whatever reason he needed them asap.

and to the person above you were obviously just given everything in life if you would just resort to "oh ill just buy some more"

Mommie and daddy bought your 1st car im guessing? paid your insurance and everything.. if i had a lambo i would drop it on a bet right now.

·
Registered
445 Posts
It doesn't make any difference whether they're worth 1c or $15k, they're HIS.

As said, theft is theft - and it's not just the money anyway, its the inconvenience of taking your bike back or chasing down screws that should be on your bike....

edit:
If they're lost - they should be replaced too. Sure "**** happens" but to just shrug and say "beats me" is pretty unprofessional...

·
Registered
45 Posts
It doesn't make any difference whether they're worth 1c or $15k, they're HIS.

As said, theft is theft - and it's not just the money anyway, its the inconvenience of taking your bike back or chasing down screws that should be on your bike....

edit:
If they're lost - they should be replaced too. Sure "**** happens" but to just shrug and say "beats me" is pretty unprofessional...
Thank you!

And how is that 07 CBR doing? I'm getting one sometime next month, As soon as I get off probation for street racing :(

Everyone do yourself a favor and take it to the track. No matter how good of a spot that you and your boys have. I thought the same thing.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I work away from home. All signed up for the trade on my little ZZR, etc... Picking it up on the 2nd of July :)

·
Registered
182 Posts
Guess he's lucky the other bike didn't need wheels...
I can't believe the bike got used as a parts bike, wth!

·
Registered
14,358 Posts
Funny how so many people assume that the dealership stole them, what a joke. It's like assuming all sport bike riders *run from the pigs* when in really only the idiots do.

·
Macho Office Monkey
3,132 Posts
Funny how so many people assume that the dealership stole them, what a joke. It's like assuming all sport bike riders *run from the pigs* when in really only the idiots do.

Your living in a fairytail man. Its good work ethics and professionalism to go the extra inch to keep a customer happy. I know if I were running the business and I wanted a good reputation and satisified customers I would order him some new scews whats it gunna cost him probably damn near nothing.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Well.

You take your bike in to get serviced - you haven't taken the screws out yourself - and it comes back without the screws.

What else would you call it?

The've either:

1. Been mis-placed - hence the mechanic is incompetent and you should take your bike somewhere else.

or

2. They've been nicked and used on another bike - and you should take your bike somewhere else.

Whichever the case, "*shrug* beats me!" is NOT a valid answer....

Alternatively, if they were missing when the bike went in, the dealer/service guy should have mentioned it and offered to order some in. The screws are there for a reason...

·
Registered
996 Posts
A good mechanic or shop will notice things like that on a bike when they take it in. The really good ones write it all down on the work order before they touch the bike. That eliminates the "beats me" problem.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts