Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
TurtlesScout
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anybody take their bike to the honda dealer? whats the average turn around times ( how long does it take to get ur bike back) i took mine wednesday moring to have my idle control put back in and they still didnt get to it.... whats some of ur experiences with the stealership

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Every dealer is different. Some do more service than others. What I do is, I call ahead of time and arrange to drop it off on a day where they are gonna do my bike and get it back to me in the same day. If it is a matter that will take more than a day...at least I know it is not just sitting there waiting to be worked on. Sounds like they already had a mess of bikes ahead of you and yours has been just waiting. You mean Wednesday, as in yesterday??? Dude, it hasen't been more than 24 hrs. and did you have an appointment? If it was last Wednesday...then there are issues with that dealer.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I've been quoted two weeks to get a damn oil change done....

took it to another dealership and got it done in 30 minutes..go fig.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
I've been quoted two weeks to get a damn oil change done....
WTF? What 'logical' reasoning did that place have to justify keeping a bike two weeks to change the oil?

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Always call on the phone and schedule service in advance. If it is an oil change or something simply tell them you are waiting for it or need it back within a couple hours.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Couple Hours with minimal lead time. Its a Honda, they are like legos, pull apart and pop together super fast. Actually have very reasonable prices too. Good dealers are hard to find.

·
TurtlesScout
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i took it wednesday now its friday and they probably didnt even touch it yet. i give til monday which is my next day off if they havent touched it by then im going to pick it up. its a local shop that was going to charge 80 but he said he would have it done in less then a hour.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts