Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently some A-hole cut my cover and ripped off my Black GPR damper off my bike. Fortunally he left the mounts, so I'm probably going to pick one up off of E-Bay (or if someone has one forsale PM me.) Unfortunally I live in an apartment complex, so security is pretty lame, but as a future preventive measure, Im thinking about putting some apoxy or silicone in the mount holes. Has anyone tried this, heard of someone trying this, or have any other ideas. Thanks for you input!

·
Registered
5 Posts
You can get those security screws...that would make it a bit harder for them to steal it. It seems anything you may use, could also make it hard for you to remove it as well. I'm sorry for what happened though, that sucks.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Set up a motion sensor and camera unit. put another one on(steering damper). Let them steal it. go to his house. kill him, nail his effin dog to his front door. Thats what I did to the jackasses that stole the stereo from my RX7...

·
Registered
500 Posts
make some sort of makeshift taser. if anybody touches it, give them a little sample of 50,000 volts.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Im thinking about putting some apoxy or silicone in the mount holes
You're going to be screwed if you need to take the front end off!

·
Registered
886 Posts
sell your bike, save some green, and put a down payment on a house with a garage.

·
Registered
103 Posts
sheetone said:
sell your bike, save some green, and put a down payment on a house with a garage.
Great idea. But housing is ridiculous in some parts of the country. I live with family just so that I can park my baby in a garage.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Ohlins for piston type, scotts for rotary. Simple as that. Now if I can only find one.

·
Registered
732 Posts
that sucks! you could always chain a big, hungry dog to the bike :)!! Unfrotunitly if someone wants somethng bad enough they'll get it.

·
Registered
494 Posts
ssflyboy25 said:
Recently some A-hole cut my cover and ripped off my Black GPR damper off my bike. Fortunally he left the mounts, so I'm probably going to pick one up off of E-Bay (or if someone has one forsale PM me.) Unfortunally I live in an apartment complex, so security is pretty lame, but as a future preventive measure, Im thinking about putting some apoxy or silicone in the mount holes. Has anyone tried this, heard of someone trying this, or have any other ideas. Thanks for you input!
That sucks man, some real low lifes are out there. However, IMO, I would take that as a serious warning on what is to come. You got ripped for your damper this time. Next time it will be your bike. In an apartment complex or any place where your bike is out in the open, IMO, it is just a matter of time.

IMO, I would get another damper, and go through the extra expense of renting a storage bin, or use a friend's garage.

Just my 2 cents,

·
Registered
494 Posts
XcesiveSlyd said:
Set up a motion sensor and camera unit. put another one on(steering damper). Let them steal it. go to his house. kill him, nail his effin dog to his front door. Thats what I did to the jackasses that stole the stereo from my RX7...
You the chit if you got an RX7!! :01_thumbu

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
People are pretty lame when it comes to my stuff. I knew in the back of my mind it would happen, and at this point, I wished I spent the money on an alarm (a deterant) instead of on a second damper. I plan on keeping the bike and damper for some time, so filling it in with silicon might be a second deterant. For the winter I have it stored at a friends place, and hopefully by next season Ill be in a house in SoCal....

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
ssflyboy25 said:
People are pretty lame when it comes to my stuff. I knew in the back of my mind it would happen, and at this point, I wished I spent the money on an alarm (a deterant) instead of on a second damper. I plan on keeping the bike and damper for some time, so filling it in with silicon might be a second deterant. For the winter I have it stored at a friends place, and hopefully by next season Ill be in a house in SoCal....
Security screws I tell ya!

http://www.brycefastener.com/

1 - 20 of 26 Posts