Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so i'm going to be getting a damper here real soon but i'm in the air on which one to get. i know i want a rotary style one and have narrowed it down between the new GPR or the scotts. I'm really leaning towards the scotts because of the high and low speed adjustments and from what i heard it has ohlin internals, but it is kinda ugly and more expensive. i like that the new gpr has like 20 different settings and a easy to use knob and is a little cheaper, so i guess my question is has anyone had experience with both, what you feel is the better one. Also does having high/low speed adjustments make the scotts worth it, it will be going on a track/street bike. All feedback will help so post up. thanks

·
Registered
502 Posts
Yes, having high/low speed settings will be helpful for a street/track bike, unless you want stiff steering when riding slowly in a parking lot.

·
C.A.H.N founder / President
11,188 Posts
I have the New GPR and love it. I haven't used one of the others. If you get the GPR you will love it.

·
Registered
496 Posts
I had a Scotts on my last CBR and it was terrific. Solved the headshake problems I was having straight away.

I wasn't aware that the new ones had Ohlins internals. Ohlins bought them a few years back, but I wasn't aware that they changed anything.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I'm going with a Scott's for my race bike. I'm getting a Scott's because I like the extra adjustability, and basically because I've found a good deal on a new one. Personally I don't see how looks should play a part in decision.. a damper is not for bling or picking up chicks..

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm going with a Scott's for my race bike. I'm getting a Scott's because I like the extra adjustability, and basically because I've found a good deal on a new one. Personally I don't see how looks should play a part in decision.. a damper is not for bling or picking up chicks..

No but if they both did the same thing i would go for the gpr because its a little nicer and somewhat cheaper..... but all the comments are good, Scotts is probably the way i'm leaning right now

1 - 7 of 7 Posts