Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I want to understand more about these Steering Dampers. I see they have two different types as far as set ups. I would say Linear & Centerd.
Could anyone share their experience with either type?
& with or without it.
settings etc

Linear

Centered

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
not a problem.

I also recommend the ohlins scott steering damper. it has proven to work the best out of any dampers without problems like the gpr's have had in the past. here's a picture of mine that has been hit in a few crashes at the track. you'll notice that it has no damage at all other then some small scratches.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I love my GPR

Increased my control over the bike and my overall comfort. Id say GPR, getting suspension set to your weight, and Stompgrips are MUST HAVES for anyone serious about railing the twisty's.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I added mine of this type due to cost (Obtained it really cheap from someone who bought it new, then sold the bike). I added it it because my 1000RR felt stiffer, or less easy, the the 600 felt loose and annoying to me. I prefer the damper use.

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
i would go centered. i have a linear ohlins on my 04 race bike, and last crash it broke the mount that goes on the tripple clamp. my buddy who has crashed more often and harder then i have is still using his scotts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts