Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has ever experimented with setting the forks other than the stock position. I know this was quite popular with early gen R6's. I think with different tire manufacturers you should ideally adjust for the new diameters etc. Any hardcore track guys do this? Looking for experienced based feedback. Thanks

·
Registered
710 Posts
We run ours flush..when we get the new cartridges we will probably run it up another 5mm. This is with Dunlop NTecs. JMO tdub

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
I dropped the front a bit on mine, so they stick out about 10mm I think.. so 5mm more than stock. Helped with turn in, especially when I was running the soft BT-003, the tire that doesn't want to turn.

Running the metzelers now, with the forks the way they are and the rear raised 5mm, the bike turns pretty good.

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
I have mine set at 5mm for Willow Springs and they work great. My street bike is also set at 5mm but I should lower them in the triples for the canyons with the Q2's that I'm running.

G

·
Set mine at .05mm from top. Doesn't turn in quite as fast, but it's still plenty agile and I like the front end stability in the corner. That's with a BT003 soft front. In 3 weeks when I'm back at Jennings I'll probably be dropping the front to about 5mm from top to make up for the slower turn in since I'll be trying out a 190 rear and new springs and valves should be more stable with it lowered.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Cool im having the same issue, that its hard to turn my bike into a corner, will drop my front 5mm next wednesday. Sunday ill be riding on Zolder. Will post my results :)

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
Cool im having the same issue, that its hard to turn my bike into a corner, will drop my front 5mm next wednesday. Sunday ill be riding on Zolder. Will post my results :)
I had the same problem so I dropped mine 5mm in the front to make it flush with the top of the fork, it solved the problem.

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Might be the same difference, but I think what Demented is saying is that raising the front end typically makes the bike more stable and harder to turn in.

G

·
Might be the same difference, but I think what Demented is saying is that raising the front end typically makes the bike more stable and harder to turn in.
I missed that part. I just read it fast and all I saw was "dropped it 5mm" and "made it flush with top of the fork". Sounded to me like he was talking about lowering the front end.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Unfortunately I had the whole day rain at Zolder today. Hope it will be better my next track day. 14-06-2010 at Zandvoort.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Unfortunately I had the whole day rain at Zolder today. Hope it will be better my next track day. 14-06-2010 at Zandvoort.

Been this week @ zandvoort and i must say wow what a huge difference. Must say raised the forks is working perfectly for me. Much 'easier' to turn into a corner.

·
Registered
710 Posts
After several test sessions with our new RaceTech shock and 25mil forks, we settled with the forks 3mm below the top triple and the shock 10mm longer than stock. Jake is able to get on the gas really early and very hard. Turn-in is slightly more effort, but mid corner thru exit is exit is incredible. He can actually put the bike anywhere he wants to and mid corner changes are easy. Tdub

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
After several test sessions with our new RaceTech shock and 25mil forks, we settled with the forks 3mm below the top triple and the shock 10mm longer than stock. Jake is able to get on the gas really early and very hard. Turn-in is slightly more effort, but mid corner thru exit is exit is incredible. He can actually put the bike anywhere he wants to and mid corner changes are easy. Tdub
Looks like eventually I will have to get the exdtended fork caps. What kind of rear shock are you running?

·
Registered
710 Posts
First off a correction after checking my notes. The shock length is set at 6.5mm longer than stock. The shock we use is RaceTech's new G3-S and we use their 25mm cartridges in the forks. Even though we are below the top off the T-clamps, I don't see the need for fork extenders. Tdub

1 - 20 of 46 Posts