Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Turn the handle bars to ALMOST full lock to the left side. Presto.

·
Registered
221 Posts
There should be a "sweet spot" that you have to get the wheel to in order to be able to engage the lock. Turn the handle bars to full lock to the left side then slowly turn the bars back to the center while simultaneously turning the key to the lock position. This should help you find it.

D

·
0 Posts
Stop trying to be an amusing post whore -- it isn't cute.
I'm not trying to be an amusing post whore. When the bars are in the full lock position when turned left, push the key down, and turn it to "lock". It doesn't take a damn rocket scientist to use the steering lock.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
turn the handlebar all the way and then the steering lock will work...it wont work if the handlebar is straight

·
Registered
579 Posts
Pull the bike into your garage/shed, shut the door and put the lock on it. Throw away the key.

Seriously everyone gave you the answers and you start throwing knives. This is the easiest thing on the bike to do. Please do not change oil/tighten the chain or change the brakes. :toothy4:

·
"oh, theyre real... takatas."
1,163 Posts
wow over the years of being on here newbs are becoming assholes.
when he said you have to push the key down he didnt mean to be an *******, you have to push the key in and while the bars are turned full left twist key to lock
damn. and i thought i was slow after completely trouble shooting the bike when my killswitch was engaged and it wouldnt start haha

·
Banned
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Some of you are ******* idiots. Quit your ******* crying and realize that I wouldn't have asked this question if the **** didn't work.

D

·
0 Posts
Some of you are ******* idiots. Quit your ******* crying and realize that I wouldn't have asked this question if the **** didn't work.
Oh please, enlighten me on where you told us that turning the bars to full lock, and turning the key to lock while pushing down didn't work for you.

How the hell do you engage it on the '06?
Oh, no ****?
Stop trying to be an amusing post whore -- it isn't cute.
Nah, I honestly can't get the key passed the two arrows with "turn" in the middle.
While you're at it, tell me what encryption method you are using so I can decipher that the above statement by me was said by you.

Edit. Can't believe I forgot to add that 3rd quote.

·
Registered
923 Posts
you are saying that you can lock your steering? thats right? or whats is the problem if you dont figure out yet.

·
Banned
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
you are saying that you can lock your steering? thats right? or whats is the problem if you dont figure out yet.
Precisely. I understood the concept of how the motherfucker worked before I posted this thread. The simple fact is that it will not lock... which is why I am bringing it to the dealership as it is under warranty.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Buy a large chain and a disc lock then if your steering lock is broke. Demented was answering your question, no reason for the hostility.

To engage the steering lock you turn your handle bars full left or full right. Insert key, push down and turn left to lock position. Presto bike is "locked", I would seriously recommend you not worry about it. Instead just buy a chain and a good disc lock if your worried about your bikes safety. The steering lock doesn't deter anyone. They will just pick up your bike and load it into a van.

Does your bike have a steering damper?

·
Banned
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm not worried about it getting stolen; it's garaged and I am fully insured. I simply wanted my steering lock to work, and apparently it doesn't.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.