Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What Steering Stabalizer Do You Guys Think Works Best? I Heard A Lot About The Scotts, What About Gpc?

·
Registered
532 Posts
All the major rotary brands should work about the same. I have the Scotts Stabilizer and love it. I have riding buddies that have GPR and Pit Bull and they love them too. Just follow the manufactures guidelines on setting them up and experiment cautiously to find your ideal setting. There are many threads on this site discussing steering stabilizers that will drive you nuts reading all the different opinions.

Ride smart & have fun…

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
This is like asking which exhaust is the best. Everyone will have a different opinion based on what they have on their bike. That being said, I have a GPR and for the money I honestly think it's the best buy out there as rotary style dampeners go. I'm sure pitbull and Scotts are similiar in quality but why spend more when you can spend less. I like the fact that GPR will service their units free for life as well.

If you want to go more the piston style route, hyperpro seems to get fairly good reviews for the cheaper units and if you have more money to spend, you can't go wrong with an Ohlins product.

·
Registered
924 Posts
+1 But I happen to prefer the Scotts (it comes down to personal taste, money and what "likes&dis-likes" you have heard from people before you purchase one)

P.S. Scotts service is free for life as well.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
the most expensive one of course, didn't u know.. the more it cost.. the better it is? ahahha and if u can find the same product for 400 at one place and 500 at another place, buy the 500 dollar one. it'll be better! ;)

·
Registered
729 Posts
Comb said:
So you're saying the HRC damper is the best? 'Cause that one's like $675. I have the Ohlins, and so far I haven't "tested" it out, but it looks cool anyway.

I have a few thousand miles with my Ohlins and it worked flawlessly so far, i used to get mild tank slappers pretty much on a weekly basis from some of the crappy roads in jersey/pa... not one yet with the damper

1 - 7 of 7 Posts