Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
monday feb 20th.. call to order set of Q2s. was handled by alfred, who was on point in all respects, no problems with the customer service at all. he said theyd ship tomorrow, have them maybe friday. a soft date obviously, but ok, sure.

i had to call back to get the tracking number emailed to me, k.. then when fedex updates itself, the tires were not shipped til 2 days later on wednesday the 22nd. and they wont arrive til tuesday the 28th. what the hell?

any time you order a goddamn thing on the internet, let it be bright and early on monday. cheap shipping does not move an inch over the weekend, so if you wait too late in the week, that hoses your ideal ETA, since the start->finish crosses over the weekend.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
I'm not sure how things work at stg. But some vendors have a warehouse elsewhere so it might delay the shipping time.

Sorry to hear that but at least it's shipped and you will be getting it soon.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
74 Posts
monday feb 20th.. call to order set of Q2s. was handled by alfred, who was on point in all respects, no problems with the customer service at all. he said theyd ship tomorrow, have them maybe friday. a soft date obviously, but ok, sure.

i had to call back to get the tracking number emailed to me, k.. then when fedex updates itself, the tires were not shipped til 2 days later on wednesday the 22nd. and they wont arrive til tuesday the 28th. what the hell?

any time you order a goddamn thing on the internet, let it be bright and early on monday. cheap shipping does not move an inch over the weekend, so if you wait too late in the week, that hoses your ideal ETA, since the start->finish crosses over the weekend.
really?

anyway hate to break it to fedex trailers are moving all the time, someimes sunday too.

fedex ground :home delivery delivers on sat as well.

but yes coordiating your order/shipping date with when you want the products to arrive is the best.

are you really that impatient? if so buy local and pay the premium price.

Chad

·
BOTM Winner 09/12 Repsol DaRizzo And Don't U Forg
17,681 Posts
So they shipped one day late? Lol, hardly worth a complaint thread...seriously.
Agreed, if tires were needed that bad, shouldn't of waited so long unless u blew a tire

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
Ya not a big deal man.

sometimes these things happen. maybe they had to source the tires elsewhere, or maybe someone along the line made a simple mistake.

you have one minor hickup in an order and you think the vendor is "slipping lately"??

·
Registered
8,768 Posts

holiday weekend bro?

·
Ain't Even Excited
1,769 Posts
lol yea wow this is no cause for concern.

btw you should of called Jason and he ships them out the same day ;)

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
We deal with this kinda issue all the time,for us,orders need to be placed and in the system before noon,so the distributors we deal with can get em out that night when they pick the parts,our normal turn around to get parts in to us is three to five business days,so if you order at Friday at 2.30pm the order wont get placed or 'P.O'ED' till Monday.

With us being in Ohio and if we have to ship lower Michigan and Ohio,using UPS usually only takes a day to the customer,Callie is usually four to five days.

Most of the big five bike manufacturers take just about every holiday off,if the banks are closed usually they are too.

·
BOTM Winner 09/12 Repsol DaRizzo And Don't U Forg
17,681 Posts
i totally forgot monday was a holiday..so thats why they didnt ship

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
^^^ your so smart Rizo I wish someone was smart enough to say that before you!

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Although this is a pretty small complaint to be starting a thread about, my last experience STG turned into a real hassle. My girlfriend ordered a pair of gloves for me and they were quick to arrive, but they weren't the correct size, so I wanted to get them exchanged. I called STG and got a return number and everything squared away, but a week after the gloves arriving at their address I still hadn't recieved a tracking number. My girlfriend called twice over the next week and was told both times that she would get a call back later in the day. Since she never recieved a call either time, I ended up calling and talking to them myself. I was told that they needed her credit card info again in order to process the exchange, but if this was the problem all along why wouldn't they have asked her for it in the first place? It ended up taking about a month to get the exhange taken care of, and I was told before sending them back that the size I needed was in stock and ready to ship.

I have ordered from STG in the past, and have recieved good service from them, but after this I feel like I need to document every person I talk with when I call them.

I would order from them again if I didn't have other choices, but I think I will be going to Cycle Sector in the future when I need more RS Taichi gear.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
I haven't ordered a whole lot within the last 6 months, but both orders have been through STG. Set of tires and a helmet.

Didn't have any issues, and even had a return w/the helmet, which didn't introduce any issues or complaints either.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I just ordered with jason last week. So far everything seems to be fine. He told me up front that they had to gather all my items from several warehouse's and that they probably wouldn't leave from stg until mid-end of this week. should be interesting to see when my stuff arrives at my door. I'm sure that presidents day messed a lot of things up tho since some places are open and other's are closed.. my advice to the op is to call jason directly if you think there might be an issue, he tends to be the one that deals with the forum members the most from what i gather..

·
Registered
338 Posts
WOW! You seriously started a thread about this?
STG should tell you to piss-off and refund your money.
The little bit of margin they made on your(obvious one-time purchase)l is hardly worth the hassle you're trying to create.
What did you pay for shipping... nothing.
Get a clue!

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
calm down there sparky, ive ordered various things from stg in the past including my helmet. stg's actual customer service is always good, its the logistics im concerned about. if the tires had gone out tuesday morning, then MAYBE they woulda been here by this weekend, thats all. annoying yeah, but no big deal. some of us have grownup jobs and cant do any running around during the week to slap new tires on. making things worse is the fact that im a full time commuter.

most of you kids ride these like toys on the weekend, i ride my bike every single day.

1 - 20 of 137 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.