Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to remove my dealer sticker from my bike. How should I go about this? I didn't notice a previous topic on this.

Thanks

R

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
Which sticker are you referring to?

As a general rule, Goo Gone and/or heat works wonders. It helps to heat the sticker a little bit with a hair dryer or a heat gun and start peeling. If the adhesive is being stubborn, use some Goo Gone to help break it down.

Goo Gone is safe on our plastics, by the way. At least on the yellow! :razz:

·
Registered
8 Posts
I found the sticker comes off even easier if you heat the sticker, then apply goo-gone very liberally, then get the heat on it as you're peeling. Using this, I got the Honda lettering on the lower chin fairing off in about 60 seconds.

The swingarm stickers are a pain though, they peel off in tiny chunks instead of a nice big piece. But for them, apply same method, except use a razor to scrape them right off.

If you've had your bike for a while, note that the swingarm will have a whiter area for a while. A couple weeks it starts to look uniform again. :bounce:

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I used a product called "oops" and it loosened the adhesive enough to get the sticker off. The dealer sticker looked awful on the bike because the colors did not match what was on the bike. Looks much cleaner now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts