Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it legal to remove the tire pessure and exhaust sticker on the swing arm? I did take off the one that said the stock exhaust met such and such noise ratings but left the tire pressure one on... Was there any reason that the bike would not pass inspection with the exhaust one removed? I figured most people put aftermarket exhausts on anyways so that stick would be through right at the window. I removed most of the other stickers as well on the bike but most of them were common sence ones like wear a helmet.

Jason

C

·
0 Posts
Think of how many choppers dont have this stuff on their bikes. I'd think you would be able to pass inspection without a problem. Who knows though...when I brought my F4i in last year for inspection, this like 18 yr old prick failed me for not having tape on the helmet. Came back an hr later. 40 yr old guy said, what a prick, I'd have passed you.

C

·
0 Posts
gfisher99,
Supposed to have reflective tape on your helmets here in NJ. The same as people have for rim tape. There is a specific length and location on the helmets that it is supposed to be. I'd say maybe .3% of the people have it.

·
7,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SRADman said:
my mattress has a tag too, i took that off...im such a rebel :mrgreen:
Damn Man! How do you sleep at night? :D

Jason

·
Registered
9 Posts
The simple answer is yes, it is not legal to remove the stickers.

No cops wont pester you for it unless they dont like you or somehting.

But if you go through a VI and they are being picky then yes they will rost you for it.

If its not stocke then they can get you on it. But dont worrie about it. They prob wouldent even notice that there is suposta be one there.

·
7,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
FDTT said:
The simple answer is yes, it is not legal to remove the stickers.

No cops wont pester you for it unless they dont like you or somehting.

But if you go through a VI and they are being picky then yes they will rost you for it.

If its not stocke then they can get you on it. But dont worrie about it. They prob wouldent even notice that there is suposta be one there.
I mean... I'm sure if I keep the tire pressure one on there I will be fine. If they are looking and they see that one I am sure they won't ask where the exhaust one is which is the only one I took off that I am worried at all about.

Think?
Jason

·
Registered
9 Posts
I dont think they would even care really. I mean if the guy who VI's you and knows about a 600RR and that there is suposta be a sticker there and he is haveing a bad day, then you may get harassed. But other than that i wouldent worrie.
If they do VI you and tell you to get a sticker there cheap and you can pick them up from the dealer. Or just save them when you take them off. Put them with the owners manual or insurance papers. That way if they ask for them you can just slap it on and be like "SEE its there"

·
Registered
140 Posts
SRADman said:
my mattress has a tag too, i took that off...im such a rebel :mrgreen:

dude!, you are so busted. My bro works for the mattress police and they are tracing your IP. RUN!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts