Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I did a search and couldnt come up with anything that seemed like the same problem as mine, so I thought I would post...

Basically like the subject says, shifting from 2nd into 3rd is tough, at first I thought it was just in my mind but it seems to be getting worse. I have put maybe 600kms on it since I first noticed it. Its an 04, original owner, always used the Honda GN4 oil and changed every 1500-2000kms (wassat, about 1000-1200 miles I guess?) No other gears seem to be affected, and its only up into 3rd...downshifting into 3rd from 4th seems fine. I dont ride the bike too hard, but I am getting ready for my first track day and dont want to have any problems.

The one thing I learned from my search is that anyone with any shifting issues was recommend to dump the Honda oil first, and load in Shell or Motul etc. so I will try that first...just curious however if anyone has any ideas other than that?

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
Change to anything but Honda brand oil. I love Honda but I hate their oil. Just stick with a good synthetic 10W-40 weight oil. Have you tried shifting at a higher rpm range like 8k?

·
Registered
454 Posts
I Have seen many a bike have great performance wit Honda oil.

Motul 5100 is a really good semi-synthetic oil that has worked for me year after year!! 10K miles on a 2005 and it still have EXACT compression in all 4 cylinders

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
or amsoil.. everyone seems to love amsoil. cant go wrong

1 - 4 of 4 Posts