Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've had a problem with my throttle when my bike hits a certain temperature (190-200's) the throttle sticks. Even when I put the clutch in, the rpm's are still high and they come down at a slow pace instead of cutting off immediately. I've had a shop look into it and found nothing. They cut the end of the rubber grip even looked at the cables and found nothing. Any ideas? Thanks for your time

2009 CBR

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Your bike is haunted bro. There's obviously a ghost in your throttle bodies that's trying to escape.

Seriously: have you taken the air box off to check for any kind of binding on the throttle body? When bike is off, and you open the throttle, does is "snap" back/return to closed throttle position quickly?

Reactions: Dee415

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
Well heat causes expansion, maybe some part is contesting with the throttle cables for space? If you only experience this when the bike is hot, I would look around everything that is close to the throttle cables/bodies again preferably when the bike reaches those temps.

·
06/2016 BOTM Winner 07/2015 BOTM Winner
2,862 Posts
Mine has done something similar where it did not hang but it was like it was on cruise control w/ out touching the throttle. It always twists back but there is no rhyme or reason to why it has done this and it is also very infrequent. Its done it with stock and aftermarket grips so I know its not that either. I'm having my valve clearance check done soon and I'll have them check for anything abnormal. My throttle also snaps back as it should

·
Registered
862 Posts
Sounds like the throttle return cable is sticking. Another thing may be a throttle return spring. I remember being confused when one stretched from age on my first bike and it would keep revving...

Edit: Though if your throttle always snaps back, even when hot, this is not the issue.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts