Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 355 Posts

·
Mad Chemist
5,798 Posts
I still like Rick Santorum, even though I am an Atheist. He, along with RP seem like the only one whose in it for the right reasons, to try to fix this country, not for the fame or fortune.

·
Registered
7,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I still like Rick Santorum, even though I am an Atheist. He, along with RP seem like the only one whose in it for the right reasons, to try to fix this country, not for the fame or fortune.
santorum huh?

why is santorum better than RP in your opinion?

imo he does the same kind of back and forth actions as romney, if he is president he will not address the deficit spending issues, and he is not a believer in the individual liberties... from my point of view, he is quite crazy.

·
Registered
7,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

this one just sounds fishy to me, he still supports the idea that non citizens should be able to be held with out trial. imo that is un american.

individual liberties, and innocent until proven guilty are american values that we should keep imo.

and he is a pro-war guy. he supports the war in iraq, afg, and the looming war in iran.

i urge you to reconsider and change your vote to RP =)

·
Registered
84 Posts
"he still supports the idea that non citizens should be able to be held with out trial. imo that is un american.

individual liberties, and innocent until proven guilty are american values that we should keep imo."

You're asking that the rights of American citizens be applied to people in this country who are breaking the law by illegally living in this country? They are not American citiziens, therefore, not guaranteed the same rights as American citizens. Every man has human rights that shall not be violated, but if you are not an American citizen, why do you believe they should be guarateed those rights? You're correct, individual liberties, being innocent until proven guilty are American values, not for people living in this country illegally. If they are a non-citizen found in this country, technically they are breaking the law, correct? I am not sure what kind of argument you are trying to make. The fact we should not hold any criminal for any period of time without a trial?

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
You're asking that the rights of American citizens be applied to people in this country who are breaking the law by illegally living in this country? They are not American citiziens, therefore, not guaranteed the same rights as American citizens. Every man has human rights that shall not be violated, but if you are not an American citizen, why do you believe they should be guarateed those rights? You're correct, individual liberties, being innocent until proven guilty are American values, not for people living in this country illegally. If they are a non-citizen found in this country, technically they are breaking the law, correct? I am not sure what kind of argument you are trying to make. The fact we should not hold any criminal for any period of time without a trial?
I like that mental leap you make, non-citizen = illegal... It shows a lot about your bias on the subject. Has it ever occurred to you that not all non-citizens are illegals? You know, tourists, students on visas, workers on green cards/working visas... and a whole **** load of other perfectly LEGAL reasons for being in the country.

Which "rights" are you referring to that American citizens should have that non-citizens shouldn't? What is the legal basis for arguing that non-citizens shouldn't be afforded most of the same rights afforded to citizens?

What part of the constitution says that non-citizens are exempt from its provisions?

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
So all the drug smuggling non-citizens I catch should be released?

The same people that say they have the same rights as citizens of this beautiful country also say that since I didn't catch him with the dope ON his back, he is not a drug smuggler. Nevermind he was hiding 10 meters from it and was covered in burlap strands and bore strap marks on his back. Just a coincidence.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
So all the drug smuggling non-citizens I catch should be released?

The same people that say they have the same rights as citizens of this beautiful country also say that since I didn't catch him with the dope ON his back, he is not a drug smuggler. Nevermind he was hiding 10 meters from it and was covered in burlap strands and bore strap marks on his back. Just a coincidence.
WTF kind of pathetic straw man argument is that? So if a citizen was caught in the same circumstances his "rights" would force your hand into having to let him go? Is this what you're trying to infer with that retarded comment?

Seriously, instead of making up retarded arguments, maybe you should think through those ideas a little more.

More importantly, "having to let someone go" because you don't have the evidence to prosecute someone is not even in the same ballpark as "holding someone indefinitely without rights to due process". Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE should have the right to defend themselves against their accuser.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
I'm saying saying that regardless of citizenship if I catch you with a dope load you shouldn't walk. You we more likely to walk if you are in my beautiful country illegally.

And I don't know anybody that is being held indefinitely, save those accused of terrorism. We are letting more illegal aliens go than we are prosecuting.

And finding a 50 pound bundle of dope 10 meters from where "Juan" is hiding in the middle of nowhere Arizona is more than enough evidence to link Juanito to the dope. You say it isn't?

Oh, and WTF are you? IT consultant? WTF do you know about what is going on?

·
Registered
7,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
anyone is better than obama imo. im not a mitt fan but i am voting for obama out
you do realize that obama and romney are both owned by the same banks right?

just look at where the money for their cammpaigns comes from. they dont stray to far from eachother. Obamney. we're f*cked

·
Registered
7,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm saying saying that regardless of citizenship if I catch you with a dope load you shouldn't walk. You we more likely to walk if you are in my beautiful country illegally.

And I don't know anybody that is being held indefinitely, save those accused of terrorism. We are letting more illegal aliens go than we are prosecuting.

And finding a 50 pound bundle of dope 10 meters from where "Juan" is hiding in the middle of nowhere Arizona is more than enough evidence to link Juanito to the dope. You say it isn't?

Oh, and WTF are you? IT consultant? WTF do you know about what is going on?
with all due respect, if you job is to catch drug runners, what a waste man.
drugs should NOT be illegal in the first place, you wont have fukers funning drugs and killing people over them at that point. your job, irrelevant.

before you start blabbing about how wrong i am about my notion to legalize drugs...

one word: Portugal.

it fkn works. :cruising:

·
Registered
795 Posts
Answering the OP's original question, never liked Romney to begin with. He got rich sending jobs overseas. Plain and simple.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
I'm not making the rules. I'm enforcing them.

Also, remember Mr. face eating zombie man from Florida? After toxicology all they found in his system was weed.

You really think Heroin should be legal? Wow.

This has gotten off topic. My fault.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Also, remember Mr. face eating zombie man from Florida? After toxicology all they found in his system was weed.

You really think Heroin should be legal? Wow.

I can guarantee you that marijuana had NOTHING to do with what that guy did. He obviously has other issues.

1 - 20 of 355 Posts