Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my RR has been in the shop for more than 4 weeks!! No solution in sight. I've picked up the bike 4 times only to bring it back the same day :( I've missed two track days and I'll probably miss the next one too. Everything they have tried hasn't worked and I'm pressing the issue for a new bike. I have spoken to Honda in Cali and they are in constant contact with the dealership trying to solve the problem. ECU's have been swapped, the known rectifier problem has been fixed, and all tests come back as showing everything running fine - no codes, lights, or continuous symptoms. For those of you who don't know what the symptoms are - sputtering engine, loss of power, BAD hesitation, jerking on hard acceleration, and overall poor performance. The crazy thing is that you can start it up and it will be fine then the next time it runs horrible. No rhyme or reason to anything - I'll keep you all posted on the outcome - as of now a mechanic has worked over 12 hours on it in the last two days and no difference. :( What a way to impress me with the first Honda I've owned :roll:

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
I would be bugging the living **** out of those guys....
make em understand!! :bitchslap:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Buggung them is not the word I'd use!! I've been on them EVERY DAY... The guys who have my bike are great and I know them personally - they are trying everything - it's up to the almighty Honda what to do now - the dealers' hands are tied - maybe if we all called and told them this is BS they would speed the process up - Have at it boys and girls - 310-532-9811 - I have a friend who had similar issues with an R1... After a big enough stink there was a new bike in his driveway :wink:

·
Ya'll betta RECKOGNIZE!!!!
2,926 Posts
You know that there is a LEMON LAW.. if you bring a vehicle back a certain amount of times and they still cant fix it.. they have to either give you a new one or compensate for the one you have..

If i were you i would be contacting the Better Business Bureau on this issue.. They will get something done..

ASK YOUR DEALER ABOUT THE LEMON LAW!!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cbrkid11 said:
You know that there is a LEMON LAW.. if you bring a vehicle back a certain amount of times and they still cant fix it.. they have to either give you a new one or compensate for the one you have..

If i were you i would be contacting the Better Business Bureau on this issue.. They will get something done..

ASK YOUR DEALER ABOUT THE LEMON LAW!!!
Guess what - don't know if it is different in your states but in FL THERE IS NO LEMON LAW ON MOTORCYCLES!!!! Trust me, I woulda been on it immediately.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sure does - but what do you expect from such an ass-backwards state - In FL there is no helmet law and when you call for insurance they "ask" you if you ride without a helmet so they can jack up your rates. Like anyone is gonna say no!! Then people wreck with no helmets and it jacks all of our rates up. They need an overhaul on the motorcycle laws here. Good thing I have another bike - 6 years old and never anything more than a dead battery in the Kawasaki :wink:

·
Ya'll betta RECKOGNIZE!!!!
2,926 Posts
i heard in FL you can tint every window in a car as dark as you want.. including winshield... is that true.

here in NY.. there is a limit on how far down the visor can be on the winshield but no limit on how dark.. only limit on darkness is passenger window and driver window.. cant be darker than 75%.. all of my windows are set at 3%.. dark as can be baby!!!

·
Registered
624 Posts
Does it have good gas? (j/k) The RR is probably just nauseous from sharing the same garage space with a Kaw (just kidding again).

Seriously, I hope you get this remedied soon.

·
Mad Chemist
5,798 Posts
DrDaveNasty said:
Well my RR has been in the shop for more than 4 weeks!! No solution in sight. I've picked up the bike 4 times only to bring it back the same day :( I've missed two track days and I'll probably miss the next one too. Everything they have tried hasn't worked and I'm pressing the issue for a new bike. I have spoken to Honda in Cali and they are in constant contact with the dealership trying to solve the problem. ECU's have been swapped, the known rectifier problem has been fixed, and all tests come back as showing everything running fine - no codes, lights, or continuous symptoms. For those of you who don't know what the symptoms are - sputtering engine, loss of power, BAD hesitation, jerking on hard acceleration, and overall poor performance. The crazy thing is that you can start it up and it will be fine then the next time it runs horrible. No rhyme or reason to anything - I'll keep you all posted on the outcome - as of now a mechanic has worked over 12 hours on it in the last two days and no difference. :( What a way to impress me with the first Honda I've owned :roll:

DID THEY CHECK FOR A PLUGGED FUEL LINE YET?? That's what it sounds like to me is a fuel delivery problem.

All the technicians do these days is check for codes and ignore the obvious symptoms. All it would have taken is a few metal chips or debree in the gas tank to plug everything up.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
They have been through the bike several times - basically the dealer is sitting there scratching their heads wondering what the heck is wrong - No signs of anything wrong with the fuel lines or injectors. Even Honda in Cali is stumped. Guess that's why they say they will call me back the same day and I never here from them. They don't want to call and admit they have no idea what is going on :?: :evil:

·
Registered
682 Posts
NO LEMON LAW IN FLORIDA?!?!

F*CK THAT!!!

i'd bug the h*ll out of someone to get my bike back...

remember this: YOU own the bike, YOU call the shots...its still under warranty.

- D "don't settle for BS"

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
They thought it was the fuel pressure at first - they waited 2 weeks to get the tools to test the pressure (while they tried about a dozen other things that didn't work and cost me two trips and a tank of gas there and back) and found out it tested fine - I'm actually sitting here waiting for a phone call from Cali right now to get an update - either they are gonna sort this out or they are getting a serious bashing. 5 days should be plenty to fix a bike - 5 weeks is fucked up - I could have built the bike from parts by now. The way I see it they owe me just for putting up with having to arrange my schedule to pick up the bike and drop it off 4 times. I told them from the beginning to go out and RIDE the bike - the problem is so unpredictable they think because they ride it around the parking lot that its OK - If they would have listened to me to begin with they would have saved adding fuel to my inferno that is currently raging out of control :cussing: :****:

·
Registered
391 Posts
Check out the most recent issue of Sport Rider or Cycle World, I forget which one, for the laws regarding this very subject. There is legal precedent at work here. And give American Honda a call and ask for a little direction.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts