Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
k. so i go to refuel at my local gas station and see about 6 bikes, mostly suzuki's. i'm riding alone, and they ask where i'm going....said nowhere, so i ride to this little spot with them in manhattan to eat hot dogs.

Anyway....back to the point.
going downtown on the westside highway, i keep up with one of the 1000's who's pretty good, but he has a passenger. we hit about 135-140 he says. ok, we drop off three the chicks (who had boyfriends, lol, and were fat too...don't u hate that).

Now on the Deegan (I-87) me and the same guy on the gixxer get on the on ramp neck to neck (i may have been going 5mph faster tho) and GUN IT. i'm talkin full throttle.
I kept up right beside him cuz i powershifted through 2nd and up.
he NEVER Pulled away, even as we reached 150+....is this supposed to happen?. so yeh, that's my story of the day...our RR's with a good rider can hand bigger bikes their asses. but then again, i'm guessing the RIDER is the most important factor in most situations.

yeah just wanted to share, i don't need the flaming either. i DON'T race like this all the time and i'm no squid. as a matter of fact, i've only been riding about 2000 miles total experience (bout a month). i was just finding out what my baby was made of. afterwards the guy says "holy sh!t, that's a 600??. god damn you're fast on that thing." handshakes, props, etc. ensued. end of story.
RR power baby!

·
Resident Leg-Humper Females Beware
6,874 Posts
squid!!! hehe, had to get that out of the way. i'd say the dude on the gixxer either didn't know how to shift hard or was in a higher gear.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmm. i believe we both started in first from about a 35-40 roll.

i'm thinking the powershifting made the biggest difference. plus the dude was hefty (6'1'' 200+)..and i'm a little fugger (5'5'' 150lb). but the bike power difference should more than solve the power/weight ratio.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
i beat my buddie on his 954 from a dead dig by a bike length. These rr's will hold there own until you start doing roll-ons then you mine as well just give up. From a dead dig tho a 600 will stick with alot of bikes no problem.

and I forgot to add my buddie on the 954rr is no joke, he can ride just as good if not better then I

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
powershift = no clutch upshift.

i'm thinking w/ a nice slip-on, k&n race filter, and some other small upgrades (add maybe 4-5hp), my 05RR can run w/ the liters.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
He must not know how to shift or he was shortshifting horribly. Anyone that can shift remotely good and ride decent on a 1000 will kill a 600 in a drag race. There is no replacement for displacement.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Dead start, better 600 rider can beat out a 1000 but if you hit it once rolling 600 will be left when the 1000 hits 7000 RPM (at least this has been my experience). A 1000 makes as much or more power than a 600 at 8000 RPM.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I can take this bike....the 05RR, and smoke just about anyone, regardless of what they are riding, unless they have some long term riding experience as well. I have ridden since I was 6, Im 43 now....still a young one at heart. It only makes a difference of the size of the bike to a degree, it comes down to the rider in most circumstances. Take the pull, and be satisfied, but dont let it go to your head. As a matter of fact, slow it all down from here out. Take the race to the track, no head on traffic to worry about. Thats my advice, but its doubtful you will take it. Live and learn. Ride safer.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
RelfF2 said:
no, i hate it when hot chicks have boyfriends. when fat chicks have boyfriends i dont really care too much.
LOL......good point

And ya from a start a 600 will hang, but from a roll on no way in hell a stock RR will beat a GSXR 1000. I have given my friend a go on his GSXR 1000 and from start and stayed by him, but when he gets in the powerband its not even a contest.

·
Registered
142 Posts
RelfF2 said:
no, i hate it when hot chicks have boyfriends. when fat chicks have boyfriends i dont really care too much.
No way in hell id put a kristy Alley on the back, i need all the power i can get out the bike without some jenny craig lowering the bike.... that could be the new logo for the 1000's " GSXR1000, when you really need to move asss"

·
Registered
206 Posts
awesome! makes me apreciate my RR a little more

·
Registered
508 Posts
yea the 600 RR is a strong bike. ive been riding now only about six months and im decently confident riding at higher rates of speed. my best friend just bought a 05 gsxr750. we went out about a week ago to a non res. area so to speak just to put them side by side. his bike is stock as of right now. all i have is two bros exhaust. from a dead stop all the way to about 100mph we stayed side by side. now take it i was shifting aroung 13-14k i was right there by him the whole way. the six is without a doubt fast but i wouldnt try nobody on a liter bike at any higher rate of speed. you'll get your a$s handed to you.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
NesNeedsBoost said:
powershift = no clutch upshift.

i'm thinking w/ a nice slip-on, k&n race filter, and some other small upgrades (add maybe 4-5hp), my 05RR can run w/ the liters.

AAhhhhh....no.

I owned the 600rr, a 1000rr after that and now an 05 gsxr1000. Believe me, as fast as the 600rr is, it simply doesn`t have the power to run with a newer liter bike in a straight line.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
mtc said:
AAhhhhh....no.

I owned the 600rr, a 1000rr after that and now an 05 gsxr1000. Believe me, as fast as the 600rr is, it simply doesn`t have the power to run with a newer liter bike in a straight line.
Exactly.....and if a 600 could do everything a liter could we wouldnt have em. =)

·
Registered
285 Posts
EsotericRR said:
He must not know how to shift or he was shortshifting horribly. Anyone that can shift remotely good and ride decent on a 1000 will kill a 600 in a drag race. There is no replacement for displacement.
yes there is... Forced Air Induction

ROTFLMAO that's good snapitoff

:supergay:<---how come I never seen that one yet LOL still laughing

1 - 20 of 20 Posts