Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if it's worth it to upgrade/swap to the K&N air filter? Is it worth it and does it actually gives you any horsepower? I already have full Leo Vince exhaust and would that work well together? After I'm looking to get it tuned.

·
Registered
541 Posts
The Leo Vince is letting the bike exhale easier so it wouldn't be a bad idea to let it inhale easier by going to a higher flowing air filter.

Can't imagine you'd see any real world horsepower gain that you could feel unless you also went to a fuel controller that took advantage of the extra air.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Leo Vince is letting the bike exhale easier so it wouldn't be a bad idea to let it inhale easier by going to a higher flowing air filter.

Can't imagine you'd see any real world horsepower gain that you could feel unless you also went to a fuel controller that took advantage of the extra air.
Yeah, I was thinking that but just making sure. I’m doing a full tuneup like oil, coolant and plugs and air filter so I thought I might as well. If anything it seems like the cost of it works out for long term use since it’s reusable design. I’d probably guess maybe 1% power difference if any. Lol, I just want 2hp so it can hit 120hp from the factory 118hp.

·
Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
6,805 Posts
Sprint P08 airfilter, flows more air & easier to clean than any oiled cotton element airfilters. Just blow compressed air & you're done. Install a PCV & do a custom map for a smoother engine response.

Reactions: CrossBeamRacerRR

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I would stay away from Sprint filters, lots of threads on various forums about them letting dirt through. I would recommend BMC as they are similar in design to a K&N but with higher quality materials.

Reactions: dixon cider
1 - 5 of 5 Posts